“beautiful Japanese restaurant”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Reviewed 28 February 2014

During our stay in Tokyo, we were invited in this restaurant, real kaiseki restaurant close to the Tokyo tower.
As well as the same restaurant at Hachioji, the service, the quality of the cuisine and the Japanese garden are top.
Personally, I prefer the restaurant Blanc - Rouge at the new Tokyo Station hotel, more fusion cuisine. But for those looking for kaiseki cuisine, no hesitation!

1  Thank myginza

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Great food, setting and service. Of the 5 or 6 teppanyaki places I've been to in Tokyo, Ukai-tei provided the best all round experience. The starters and teppanyaki steak were excellent, although no better than some others, and arguably not quite as good as at Keyakizaka, but it was a great overall dining experience. Unlike many restaurants in Japan, the dessert was not an afterthought but a really good course to round off the meal and served in a very relaxing separate lounge, followed by coffee and delicious little cakes (which were like a second dessert). One of the best of many incredible meals in Tokyo.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Visited during 8 hour stop over en route for New Zealand. Easy access from airport to restaurant via overground/underground. Very very expensive restaurant. £250 for 3 of us . We had a private chef as were eating with another family we were travelling with. Cannot fault the quality or service and was a very agreeable and enjoyable (albeit shockingly expensive!) stop over which had to be more enjoyable than the usual airport lounge restaurants. Definitely worth venturing into Tokyo although sadly the sky tree was closed due to high winds.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We started with the marinated lobster and grapefruit sauce(?). It went incredibly well together. Next was the grilled fish on mushroom soup. It has a very oriental taste and being Asian, I liked it very much. Chestnut soup was a little bit too flavourful, but it was fine as the portion was small. Finally, the beef, it was tender, melt-in-your-mouth with explosive butter-like fats. The dessert I chose was their Pear Sundae, which was also amazing!

Their service was also great. I was very satisfied with my meal and experience at this branch.
Will definitely go again

1  Thank Kenneth T
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I visited Omote Sando Ukaitei after Ginza Ukaitei.

To my surprise, they are much better in term of service. They even offered a non-Japanese staff to attend to me despite I speak Japanese fluently. And sensing I wasn't comfortable with a non-Japanese staff, the Japanese staff quickly came to attend to me personally. How attentive they are!

The beef and others are better at the Ginza Ukaitei. But the excellent service of the staff and the view of Omote Sando made my day great.