“Tasy and cheap”

Price range: US$7 - US$9
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Small nice chineese restaurant near omotesando. Just one choice: gyoza. Fried or boiled, just gyoza. A small dumpling filled with vegetables. Portion of 6 pieces less than 5 euro. With 12 pieces you are full enough. Be ready to queue, but service is fast and lane goes on pretty quickly. Not the most hygienic place on earth, but it's ok. Good taste, great price: in japan...what else?

There are newer reviews for Harajuku Gyozaro

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My husband really wanted to eat here during our visit to Japan so we duly found it, queued - the queue was rather long but I guess this is a good sign! The service was excellent, the food was good - my hubby would likely give this 5 stars as he loved the dumplings. I liked them but they weren't my favourite food in Japan. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was recommended to this restaurant by a friend who is all about eating good and cheap food, but was not able to find the exact address. However, my family and I stumbled upon it while exploring the alleys at Omotesando. It is frequent by both locals and tourists, so there was a queue (a short one possibly due to the rain). We had to wait for a while as the place is quite small, with probably about 5-6 big tables and the rest surrounds the cooking area (like the setting in a sushi restaurant). The wait was worth it as the gyozas were great! There isn't much variety in the gyozas (2 different fillings for either pan fried or boiled each), but there is no need for that since they are already that good. Both pan fried and boiled are good, so I would recommend to try both. There is a dish that is sort of an appetiser, bean sprouts with minced meat, it is also recommended (we had 3 plates of that). The meal was great with some beer as well!

1  Thank ngaisss
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Delicious, inexpensive and great buzz around the restsurant.

Perfect as a lunchtime quick snack while exploring the very cool streets it's on.

Went back 3 times in our 2 week stay.

1  Thank Chris F
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It's a quaint "hole-in-the-wall" off the main street, so may be hard to find, but worth the trek if you're a gyoza (potsticker) fan. Just remember the photos of the storefront provided by TripAdvisor travelers and you should be able to find it. Not the best gyozas I've had (of course, being Asian I've had some of the best potstickers in Chinese restaurants elsewhere) but this one ranks at the top in Tokyo, and Japan, for that matter. I prefer the pan fried version with the caramelization and crunch. The gyozas were quite large with tasty fillings. The cooks working the frying/steaming stations at a controlled speed was a show to watch. Around lunch the line was out the door. If you don't like to wait, go before or after the rushes.

Don't forget to order the cucumber salad or the bean sprout salad, both served with the tastiest miso sauce I've ever had. The sauce is their own blend. The wait staff was soooo nice. They even asked the chef for the sauce recipe for us...well, they did their best to translate in English.

In sum, we enjoyed a very unassuming meal at reasonable prices and left with a full, satisfied tummy. It was definitely a Tokyo experience to remember.