“Best location”

Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed 26 January 2014

So conveniently located between Shibuya and Harajuku, with lots of shops and eateries just up the road. Yes it is close to the railway lines but we did not hear a thing. Rooms were spotless (but tiny) with everything you need. You put in your breakfast order the day before - either western or japanese, and then there is also a small buffet you can choose from with bakery items etc. Free wifi which was a bonus for the kids. We requested two rooms next to each and that is exactly what we got. There is a pillow bar on the 2nd floor, but you need to get there by early afternoon if you want to try a different style of pillow. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank camchan

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The hotel is in an ideal location for Shibuya, Omotesando, Harajuku - all within easy 10-min walking distance.
Unfortunately I am a light sleeper and the close proximity to the local trains railway tracks disturbed my sleep BUT - if you can sleep with earplugs or do not care about noise - the hotel is wonderful!
Extremely clean room, very pleasant common bath onsen-style (of course separate for men/women), wifi in reception area.
Breakfast is nondescript, as in many medium-range hotels in Japan but that was not an issue for me.

Room Tip: Try the rooms on the opposite side of the railway tracks if possible
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sara_xyz
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Great location. Small (clean) room, but enough space to lay down one suitcase on the floor (the other one you have to put on the bed, when you want to take something out) Just between JR lines Shibuya and Harajuku. I think it doesn’t matter where you get off. Breakfast really simple. (western style you still get Rice and yoghurt and soup) but It taste oke. The location is the most important thing here 10 min walk to the famous Shibuya crossing! Or about 10 min the cool Harajuku district.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank m-town2185
Reviewed 3 January 2014

the hotel was a little bit far from the station,but no complain about the other parts.Room was comfortable,and the SPA was really really nice,which made me relax.The food was also delicious and surely worth a try.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 12 nights on our visit to Tokyo. It was a really wonderful base for the trip being only about 10 minutes walk from Shibuya and Harajuku stations from which it is easy to get most places in Tokyo. The walk from Shibuya station is uphill and the walk from Harajuku is mainly downhill which might be something to consider when dragging suitcases. It is fairly easy to find even though the hotel is located in an unnamed back-street there is sign to it from the main street.

The room was small (as Japanese hotels rooms seem to be), but modern, clean and well designed. I did a lot of research about accommodation in Tokyo before I booked and I wasn't able to find a equivalent hotel and location at a similar price. This was a bargain.

The front desk staff had excellent English. Each day the code to the female spa changes and we needed to go to the front desk to grab the new one and a new breakfast voucher for the next day. The front desk staff were also really helpful at booking dinner reservations for us.

On the second floor there is a pillow bar at which you can pick up a few extra pillows, but it is a good idea to get there in the early afternoon when there is a lot more choice. The onsen is also located on the second floor and is open from 3pm to 10am each day. I loved soaking here each night before bed. It was a fantastic way to relax from the day.

The only real negative of this hotel was the breakfast. Finding a hotel with breakfast included if staying in Tokyo is almost essential as not much is open before 10-11am and going out for breakfast is not very popular. However, the breakfast here could have been hugely improved by just having bread and a toaster available on the very limited breakfast buffet. The 'western option' bento boxes available for breakfast are quite strange and come with soup, yoghurt, salad and a sandwich with questionable deli meat. The japanese option wasn't for me. The selection was very small and it was always a challenge to find something satisfying to eat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TrekBear
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed one night here and this is a fun little hotel in the middle of the busy Shibuya area. WARNING: despite the distance being short from the Shibuya station dragging your luggage all the way to the hotel can be a workout. I arrived late and decided to walk there and it was about a 15 minute walk to the hotel; it's not hard to find, but one can easily get disoriented once you exit the station. I was a little skeptical about the area where the hotel is located (side street next to the train tracks) but walking there late at night with my luggage did not feel dangerous at all. Staff is very friendly, don't know if they always do this or maybe because I was sweating from dragging my luggage, but they offered me a hot towel and water as I approached for check in. I don't speak Japanese but at the hotel you don't need to as all the staff I encountered speaks English. Rooms are clean, cozy and well kept, small but I guess this is expected in Tokyo; I travel by myself so space is never a problem for me. Beds are very comfortable I had a great night sleep since I was afraid the proximity to the train tracks would be an issue but no noise thru the night (at least on the 3rd floor)
They offer a set breakfast with a "western style" option which was a small sandwich-like meal with some other sides. Not bad since it was the free included breakfast and I read they also offer free soup on the evenings but I did not stay for that. If not in the mood there are SEVERAL dinning options a short walk from the hotel specially near the Shibuya station.
I will definitely stay here next time I'm in town, however I will take a taxi to take me there.

Room Tip: I had no noise issues but maybe ask for a room away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Eric B
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Great location, fun breakfast, helpful staff, and well appointed (little) rooms that exceeded our expectations for this budget friendly hotel. Booked this place solely because of reviews on Tripadvisor and you’ll be well served if you do the same!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple