Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae
US$281
Trip.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Sakura Hotel Hatagaya(Shibuya)(Great Value!)
US$186
Orbitz.com
US$236
US$163
  • Restaurant
All reviewsramengreat onsenfresh noodlesfree eveningfree washingspa saunarooms are smallpublic batha free shuttle busminute walkgreat locationhot bathtrain tracksfree breakfastmen and womenlaundry areajapanese bath
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very happy with my stay here. Recommended for a mid-budget traveller placing high priorities on modern decor, comfort and location.

Location (8/10) - Located between Harajuku and Shibuya areas, walkable distances to both. Very convenient if you plan to focus more on these two areas on your trip (I recommend to do so) or if you are planning on doing much shopping.

Downsides: About 10 minutes walk from the nearest underground station. Not straighforward to find as it is off the main street (Meiji Dori). We ended up taking a cab to and from the hotel when carrying our luggages.

Service (8/10) - Very pleasant English speaking staff.

Sleep quality (9/10) - There is a pillow library where you can borrow different types of pillows to suit your preferences. Beds are comfortable. Pyjamas are provided.

Rooms (8/10) - Modern with a "new" feel. Bed and bath rooms felt large (by Tokyo standards. They are still small relative to other cities).

Public bath (7/10) - A great time saver as multiple people in your room can shower at one time. Males and females are seperated. Has a clean and modern feel, e.g. less wood and more tiles. There are individual booths for you to apply soap and rinse (no doors, just three walls around you), which was better for privacy than a row of showers as is the usual case. Intriguingly lemons were liberally placed floating in the large communal bath, not sure what they were for. Unfortunately there was a horde of shouting and splashing school children using the public bath during my stay.

Cleanliness (9/10) - Rooms and public baths were very clean.

Food (7/10) - Breakfast was average, e.g. rice, miso soup, cereals, breads. Late night noodles are served free in the lobby / breakfast area.

Value (7/10) - Slightly higher than average for a us (young, working couple), but we did feel it was "worth it" as it was at the end of our trip and we were quite tired. The sleep quality, overall comfort and convenient location helped re-energise us.

Room Tip: A noisy school trip stayed here during our stay. Worthwhile checking with hotel if any school trips clash with your stay, and if a different floor can be chosen.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Great location - 10 minute walk from Shibuyu station. Lots of shopping, restaurants etc near hotel. Rooms small but you won't spend to much time in them as there is plenty to do and see outdoors. Breakfast is nice. Place is clean and service was passable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I ended up at the Dormy Inn by chance and was pleasantly surprised. Great location. Very kind staff - ready to help you all the time. Good breakfast. The rooms are small, but perfect for single travelers. Pristine and no detail is left to chance. It is great value for money. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Location: I arrived by train at Shibuya station at about 1130pm. the hotel was not easy to find the 1st time round. Took a taxi (730Y) after i gave up trudging around with my luggage. The taxi was equipped with GPS and the ride took just minutes. Its actually in a back alley, and i doubt I would have found it in the darkness of night if i walked around. After i recognised the landmarks, everything was find the following morning onwards. As mentioned in other reviews, this hotel is smack in the middle of Harujuku and Shibuya. Makes it a great place to have a little walkabout. What you can try also, which i failed to do, walk the small path out of the hotel till you see the overhead bridge (NPC should be on your left). Make the crossing, and venture down the small road downslope , turn to the left, you'll see a whole line of boutique shops leading all the way to Harujuku. I only discovered this on my last night and all the shops were closed. There are boutiques for Oakleys etc.

Tip for finding the hotel: At Shibuya Station, look for 'BIC Camera', and follow the road straight up. Walk straight till you have to walk pass a paid carpark on your left, go up an overhead bridge, make the crossing. You'll see a public park space on your left, continue straight till you see 'NPC 24Hrs'. I assume thats the police post. Turn into a small road to you left when you are just reaching the NPC. The hotel is about 50-60 meters in.

Service: I arrived at about mid-night on the 20th. The counter staff was expecting me. Nice and patient, explained to me what i can expect from the hotel. shuttle bus etc. I found that over my 4 days stay, the staff service was exceptional. I couldnt speak Japanese, but they are still able to communicate effectively with me. Even down to the shuttle bus driver, he was polite and midful too. I was actually ashamed that I couldn't compliment him more except "arrigato". I wish I could. The kitchen staff were great too. In short, I didn't meet any lapse of service nor a rude staff.

The room: It's small, but still much much better than what I got in Hong Kong. Everything was new and dust free. No odour in the room. the 3 big bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash were all brand new. Toilet bowl comes with a bidet. Complimentary coffee and green tea were reat, and its not those 3 in 1 coffee. Its those disposable drip types. Toothbrush/paste etc, everything you need, its all provided for. they even have a new bottle of odour remover for your clothes hanging in the clothes rack. Tv channels are limited though. the only non Japanese channel was CNN. Other than that, you can purchase a movie pass for 1000Y for all access channels that will last till the next morning. Bed is comfy, and you can choose additional pillows at the 2nd floor.

Amenities: The bath. But i was/am too shy to try it. so, too bad for me. What i appreciated most actually, was the breakfast. No food outlets are open in the night, past 11pm. The 1st night, i had to look for a 24hour mart to get my fill of off-the-shelf sushi. No choice. i was really hungry after finally reaching the hotel. I also liked the shuttle bus service, but remember to make a booking beforehand. The 930pm ramen is wonderful. Please don't expect ebi etc to come with it. Its nice to fill your tummy for the night, and its free :)

Room Tip: Apparently, 1 face of the hotel faces a Shinto cemetery. I saw this when i was in the train. If you the type who gets easily spooked, maybe you can ask for one thats not facing it? Mine was facing a wall, literally. But i got no complaints, considering, how much i actually paid for the room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Gavin_Nikicody_Lee
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Kindly staff,
Good food and expresso coffee ;)
The spa was clean and it was really great to go in every day,
Everything was perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Take a room up to the main entrance The other face of the building is close to the train (as everything in Tokyo)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple