“Great location”

Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel is situated at Harajuka, the shopping district of Tokyo and it is a 15 min walk from the Shibuya crossing. It has a great breakfast (both Japanese and western), free wi-fi. It is 5 min walk from the metro and 10 from the JR station. Rooms are small but clean and well equiped.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IIM612

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had no bugs biting, rooms are not very small, soundproof very well. Breakfast is good. Spa is great with floating oranges in the pool.
Far from the station to walk with the suitcases. Nice area,a toy store near by .
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bykovorama
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I am about to check out of this hotel to travel on to Seoul. I stayed here three nights. The hotel is actually in a great location, near the back streets of Ometesando and was quite fine, until... The problems began when the second day in my hand started to swell, and I clearly had bites. In fact I have had to take my wedding ring off it has swelled so much on my ring finger. I thought perhaps it was something like an ant or a spider, but then last night I saw those tell tale signs you read about of three bites in a row, this time on my neck. So, I have bed bug bites. Apparently the hand is more sensitive, so those appear first. Last night I went down to the front desk and asked if I could change rooms as I really did to want another night of biting. It is not the fault of the hotel that they have bugs, but how they deal with it is instructive. Basically, they said there were no other rooms, and they were fully booked and goodnight. I asked to speak to a manager, whose name I have for a formal complaint. She finally said they have a cancellation - this at 11pm - so clearly they had not been strictly truthful in the first response. Then the manager suggested that if I see a doctor and get the a medical certificate, when I reach Seoul, proving it was a bed bug bite, I would receive a discount. I got angry, as I never asked for a discount. All I wanted was to change rooms. In the end I got to change rooms, but there was no offer to help me move rooms, and the whole experience was one of rudeness, making me feel that somehow this was my fault. If the hotel is reading this, please take note, for this is really not how to treat customers.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
22  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We picked this great boutique-ish hotel for our last night in Tokyo, and I'm really glad we did.
It's situated between Shibuya Station and Harijuku, so lots of great stuff in walking distance. Close to shopping around Harijuku, the Ota Memorial Museum of Art, the lively streets of Shibuya, and my fave bar the Ruby Room (also in Shibuya).

Our room was really charming - there was a little ante-chamber before you got to the bedroom, so there was room to open your suitcase (if you need to repack, it's perfect). The room itself had a vanity, a little couch and table. I don't think all the rooms have this layout, but I'm glad we got it.

The bathroom had the customary fabulous toilet (with bonus settings), and a nice tub/shower combo. Lots of amenities - we just couldn't figure out how to work the AC as it was all in Japanese (which hadn't been an issue at all of our other hotels). The room had wifi, but it didn't work very well in our room, however, it worked fine in the lobby. It might just be where our room was situated.

Luckily, we had booked the room to include the breakfast buffet, which was great, and shortly after, grabbed their free shuttle to Shibuya station to catch the Narita Express. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank therealmissrita
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night at this hotel and would have stayed more nights if we hadn't arranged something else! Staff were friendly and helpful, couldn't do enough to help, the free noodles we wish we'd had and the wifi was super quick. Will stay again next time we're in shibuya!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Dormy Inn, while a tad more expensive than other hotels, was a surprisingly good value. Here's some of the awesome:
- Rooms are bigger than other value hotels (like the Sunroute)
- Rooms are newer and updated
- Unit bathroom (all in one) is updated and more spacious than other comparable hotels
- Free shuttle to Shibuya station every half an hour
- Free in-hotel onsen!
- Free late night ramen snack service
- Perfect location in Harajuku/Shibuya, it's a few minutes walking to the best shopping
- Efficient and helpful staff including a Canadian expat who spoke English fluently
- Fast wifi (20mbps up and down)

Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank gregtakayama
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location, being close to Shibuya and Harajuku, but just off a quiet main road, which meant it was quiet. The JR train line runs right behind the hotel, however don't let this put you off, as it is very quiet (I am a light sleeper).

The room is small by western standards and we struggled to find room on the floor to lay down both our medium sized suitcases and not trip over them in the dark. We hardly spent any time in the room, so the size was not an issue and was very very clean and comfortable.

The onsen is absolutely wonderful and would highly recommend giving it a go just once. I went at about 9:30pm and was there alone. The shampoo, conditioner and soap were of high quality too.

The staff were very helpful and held our bags before check in time so we could explore and also after check out, before heading to the airport. The western breakfast is good, however there was no cereal.

I would recommend taking the Hachiko exit if arriving by train at Shibuya station. This will put you right onto the busy intersection, where there are many taxis. A taxi to the hotel cost 730 Yen, and after the initial journey, I was able to easily find my way back to the Shibuya crossing area. There is a shuttle bus supplied by the hotel to Shibuya station in the mornings- reservation essential.

Would recommend this hotel and will stay again if I find myself back in Tokyo.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends