All reviews free ramen free shuttle fresh noodles late night ramen minute walk rooms are small public bath nice onsen free evening onsen spa train tracks cold bath offer free free breakfast men and women side street japanese and western style
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Great hotel, small rooms but well designed and excellent value for money. Only a short walk to shibuya crossing. Great breakfast plus free evening noodles should you want. Also the onsen is very nice and a great way to soak those aching feet after a day of exploring this amazing city.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
プレシブ, Front Desk at Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Dormy Inn Shibuya Jingumae and taking the time to write your review of our property. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the service and facilities. We really appreciate the comment and the title "Little gem" means a lot to us. We will take your comment for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit.

A. Chapagai

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Just returned from 7 night stay at Dormy Inn and very satisfied with my choice. I have stayed in several 4 & 5 star hotels in Shibuya area during the past few years and the Dormy Inn was very comparable in all respects.
Location is incredible, just 10 minutes to walk to Shibuya station/Mark City area and very close to Harajuku/Omotesando
All staff very polite, helpful and friendly, all front desk staff spoke very good English and nothing was too much trouble!
The rooms are a little on the small side, I was travelling alone for business so for me it was not an issue, but excellent room facilities and very clean, extremely comfortable bed & coffee/ tea making facilities in the room a great bonus!
Breakfast offered a very good selection of western and Japanese items, all freshly cooked and well prepared and the coffee was very drinkable!!
Used the Onsen/Sauna several times during my stay and found it a very relaxing, authentic Japanese experience, would highly recommend even the shyest guests give it a try!
Very good value for money hotel, in my opinion worthy of a 4 star rating!
Will definitely choose Dormy Inn again for my annual business trip to Tokyo.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
プレシブ, Front Desk at Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Dormy Inn Shibuya Jingumae and taking the time to write your review of our property. It is great to know that you enjoyed the service and facilities. We really appreciate your comments and will take your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit.

A. Chapagai

Reviewed 29 November 2016

For travelers used to Japanese hotels the size of the rooms at this one will come at no surprise, with the double I stayed in just large enough for me to keep my suitcase in the room had I had need to, however, there was also a hallway between the room and the entrance where I found my medium sized case fit without issue.

However the real selling point of this hotel is that Shibuya station is an aproximately 10 minuet walk away with underground access available (and thus a mostly step free journey) for those needing to move heavy cases before the complimentary return bus from the hotel starts at 6:30.

Given this proximity I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the only 'suburban' noises I experienced were a few loud motercycles and the train passing through, both of which were an easy sleep through even given that I come from a small country village.

Hotel staff were pleasent at all times, explaining to me the facilities available to guests (an in house onsen and free late night udon) and even delivering my bags to my room for me after I'd left them with them prior to check in.

All in all a very satisfactory experience and I'll certainly concider them again the next I'm staying in Shibuya

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
プレシブ, Front Desk at Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Dormy Inn Shibuya Jingumae and taking a time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and facility. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will take your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit to our property.

Amrit Chapagai

Reviewed 26 November 2016

Stayed for 6 nights this month. This is not a luxury hotel, but for its class, everything was what we expected. Since we spent very little time in the room the room had everything we needed, except possibly a good place to store 2 large suitcases. My only real quibble with the room (albeit minor) was the shower head. It was detachable, but when placed in the holder, it was a bit low on the wall for anyone over 5'10. The breakfast was included in our rate and one of the best selections we've had for a "free" breakfast. Our room was on a corner near the train tracks, and while we occasionally heard the trains, after the first night we really didn't notice them and it never disturbed our sleep (unlike the 2 earthquakes that happened while we were there). The wifi was just fine for our use, no issues as some others have noted. The front desk was always friendly and helpful. They helped us ship a package locally (filling out the shipping label, calling for pick-up, etc.) and took care of arranging taxis. The location between Harajuku (easier to get to) and Shibuya was convenient. It's a big city, so it was helpful to have more transportation options. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Dormy Inn Shibuya Jingumae and the review you shared with us. We are very glad to know that you had a comfortable stay and you enjoyed the services and the location of the Hotel as well.
The Dormy Inn chain is liked for wide variety of breakfast and inhouse spa, among our guests and we are bery glad to know that you enjoyed the service .

Amrit

Reviewed 14 November 2016

It is certainly the location of this hotel that makes it a great choice for staying in Tokyo due to it being a very reasonable distance on foot from Shibuya. That being said, the hotel is in a very quiet alley, away from the hustle and bustle. I have noticed railway tracks and trains passing very close to the hotel but on the other side of where I was staying. When facing street view, I did not hear the trains.
Rooms are, as per Japan fashion, very small but comfortable. I found the WiFi internet quite slow.
Service was great. Lots of amenities and free services (sauna, copy service, washing machines, coffee machine in the lobby...) Breakfast was so-so in my opinion. I skipped it and had food elsewhere.

Room Tip: Facing street view as the other side faces railway tracks.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
プレシブ, Front Desk at Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Dear guest,
We would like to apologize for the condition of the wifi, which we already checked after we got your review. Your comments are very much valued. Rest ensured, we will take your comments for the further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome to your next visit to us.

Amrit