“A great 5 star hotel”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Melbourne
“A great 5 star hotel”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Amazing rooms with a view across Tokyo to die for.
Outstanding staff who passed the postage test( try posting a large box of goodies home from any hotel - only the best can handle it well from overseas )
Fantastic location in the heart of the action of Shibuya.
My only complaint is that the pool is adult only

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ET59

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

As has been previously said in previous reviews the Cerulean is a great hotel. The location, quality of the rooms, views from the higher floors, bars, restaurants and general levels of service are all very good indeed.

However, four stars rather than five because, for the not insubstantial money paid, I would absolutely expect free WiFi and free use of the gym and pool. It frankly seems petty to charge for either and I suspect most people would visit in the expectation that they would have both without incurring any additional cost. It rankles to feel that you are being squeezed for every last Yen and sours an otherwise great hotel experience.

I should put in a good word for the concierge service. Very helpful and friendly. Although, once again, be aware of some additional costs for some of their services.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank tfwiii
new york city
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The location is great. Only a five minute walk from the Shibuya station - you can get anywhere in Tokyo from that station. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. You can take the airport limo bus straight to the hotel from any of the major airports. The rooms are relatively big for Tokyo. Try to get a room higher up - the views are amazing.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kauai, Hawaii
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in November of last year. It's a five minute walk from Shibuya station and the craziness do the Shibuya Crossing, which is exactly what I wanted.

What really amazed me was the size of the room. We had a gigantic room with a huge king size bed. I never expected to see anything that big in Japan! And the bathroom was equally as amazing with a separate tub and shower. But what really won me over was the view. We had a gigantic picture window with views of Shibuya Crossing, Tokyo tower, Tokyo skytree, and Odaiba in the distance. Truly amazing.

The hotel is very large, with English speaking staff. Their concierge was very helpful in helping us book restaurant reservations and getting us a taxi. There were also tours that picked you up from this hotel. The room was expensive, but we splurged since it was our honeymoon. Majority of the people that stayed in the hotel, from what I observed, were foreigners and business people. Overall, I liked the location, but I don't know if I could afford to stay here again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Townsville
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband & I stayed here for four nights and over the New Year period. I choose this Hotel due to its location (5 minute walk from Shibuya JR Station) so we would have access to plenty of night life for NYE. The Hotel itself was really nice and with acceptional views of the City from the Bar on top of the Hotel. The room was very spacious and the beds very comfortable and everything was very clean. Our room had a great window so you could sit on the ledge and watch the City below and also had an amazing view of Mt Fuji. When we required anything from guest services it was there within two minutes and for the size of the Hotel that was very impressive. The food in the restuarants though are very expensive and I don't like paying $11.00 AUD for a cup of coffee (drip coffee) so we found it cheaper to grab some breakfast from Tully's Cafe or even the 7 Eleven. There are some great restuarants and shopping around this area. All in all a very nice Hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room with a view of Mt Fuji
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie076
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Some other reviewers have complained about the room price, but I guess it depends on your point of comparison. Considering Tokyo is supposed to be one of the most expensive cities in the world, I thought the standard rooms were very good value. We had a double, twin and single each under $300. For the size and amenities, it compares very favourably with Toronto, Vancouver, New York, Chicago and London, where we've been in the past few years. Service was impeccable. The location in Shibuya was very central.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank artslover
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed here early Jan 2014. It was a great hotel, clean and spacious rooms (space is rare for Japan). The staff were efficient and they have a great buffet breakfast in the morning. It will set you back over $30 Aud per head, but well worth it if you want a nice western breakfast for a change. My two qualms were that I had to pay for wifi, when you pay over $300 per night you want free wifi included. This is a top class hotel seriously?! It worked out to be over $10 per day which really isn't on in this modern century. Also one morning we were not well so we slept in and put the DND on the door. The room service never came back to service our room later in the day. I was a little disappointed with this as needed fresh towels.

Good location.

We did get a free upgrade on arrival though to a king room and the beds were super comfortable. The bar at the top of the hotel amazing. A nice stay all in all and I would stay here again, but guys seriously you rate yourself a top hotel, don't make us pay for free wifi when we already pay a decent amount for the rooms.

Room Tip: Higher up will have a better view. But that is standard.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
#7 of 81 in Shinjuku
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,811 reviews
Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae

Been to Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel? Share your experiences!