“Thanks Cerulean for a lovely stay”

Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Thanks Cerulean for a lovely stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was my first visit to Tokyo and as the we would be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary whilst we were here we wanted somewhere nice. The cerulean did not disappoint! Perfectly located in Shibuya within a 5 min walk to the station and the famed shibuya crossing. The room was a lovely size, with a comfortable bed and fab shower. I think that the highlight of our stay will be for both of us our anniversary meal which we chose to celebrate in the Tower Restaurant. On booking the table my husband let slip that it would be a celebratory meal and why. Well the staff were superb the meal was delicious. Thank you Cerulean for a great five day break. The only criticism I would have was that although the hotel provide tea and coffee making facilities in the room, this has to be the only hotel I have ever stayed in that charges for them. Thanks again Cerulean for a great stay.

Room Tip: All room have a great view we chose the sky view room which gave a very good view only disappointing...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
日本
Reviewed 6 June 2014

cozy and delicious rm service,,,, - no pizza but can be enjoying yammy beef pates et healthy vegi pickles,,,w all the beverages,,.. :))

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was not only my first visit to Tokyo but first to Japan.
When I first went online to find a hotel I was completely lost on where to stay, what area to stay and what exactly I wanted to see. I did have some help from my girlfriend who is from Japan. Anyway we chose this hotel for the area it was in. And it's location is prefect for shops food and most importantly the underground. Tokyo is huge with many different districts.
Hotel staff were friendly, room always very clean and comfortable and bed was good. Great window for observing this huge city.
We did not eat in the hotel as there was so much to offer in the surrounding area. When we arrived the top floor bar was full so we had to leave the hotel for my fist beer in Japan. The nice man at the bar entrance pointed out a wee bar on the streets below which we swiftly made a b line for.
Just as we ordered drinks the phone rang in the bar, it was the nice man from the hotel bar asking of we made it safely. I thought this was a nice touch. This was however the only personable thing I can say about the hotel which was ok as we did not really have to engage with the staff anyway.
The hotel was in the best location for our needs and was very comfortable. We would stay again if we returned to that area.

Room Tip: Book a mt Fuji room. It's worth seeing all day if it's clear. We had to visit the upstairs b...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at the Cerulean for four days in May. It met my hotel snobbery expectations. I had a great view of Mount Fuji (wasn't visible the last day due to clouds), which was a great surprise! The hotel was clean and the room was big. Like most things in Japan, the service was impeccable. It was only a couple of sky walks away from the station, and fairly easy to get to, even with my over packed bags.

(This seems to be a good option for people to stay at who don't want to completely blow their travel budgets on hotels. I've noticed everyone from Aziz Ansari & David Chang to Fashion Toast & Anna Dello Russo have stayed here.)

Room Tip: Mount Fuji room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have chosen this hotel as ANA's "fly & stay" deal.
The room was big enough and comfortable and excellent view.
The highlight of this stay was their staff. When i checked in I have asked the female staff who escorted me to my room about the good local restaurant as I needed to entertain my colleagues from Australia. Apparently, she immediately went back to concierge to checked it out and came back less than ten minutes with several recommendation, and offered me to arrange the reservation for us, which turned out be a huge success.
Apart from that, all staff were very polite and friendly, and very keen to help me with even a small things.
I definitely stay this hotel again for my next visit to Tokyo.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Europe
Reviewed 28 May 2014

You will love the 180 degrees views on Tokyo from virtually every room. Every room is also above Toyko's standards in terms of size. Now, all this comes at a price. Beyond the good room and view, you will have to pay for almost everything: breakfast, internet... and also gym. It left me with a bitter taste as I had to open my wallet for almost everything I do in my normal life. I do not find this very interesting from a guest-perception point of view.

The (paid) breakfast at the lobby level is wonderful. Attention to details.

I had also an excellent solo dinner at the rooftop lounge. Extremely expensive (70$ for a daily fish recommendation + dessert) and portions were very small. I would recommend to eat somewhere else. There is huge choice just right next to the hotel.

Overall recommended, for the room size and, especially, for the view. From 5 to 4 start because of the pay-per-everything model.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Larry121
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We have spent 2 nights in the hotel and really can't fault it at all. Room was excelebt size and views were also very good. Breakfast was the best one we have experienced in our whole trip in Japan with big choice of food. We travelled with our 2 year old daughter and fond hotel to be accommodating and friendly. Only think I think would improve our stay further would definitely be free WiFi which I think should come as a standard in this class hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Park Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
#6 of 109 in Minato

Been to Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel? Share your experiences!