Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Shibuya Granbell Hotel(Shibuya)
  • Breakfast included
1,892 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeshibuya stationsky view roomtop floorcorner roomstar hotelmt fujiminute walkbusiness hotelexcellent hotelcity viewpark hyattspacious roomlost in translationtokyo standardsjapanese standardslocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Would I stay there again? NO
Good location, nice view but airless rooms, you cannot open a window.
Breakfast not included, you pay strictly for the room only.
Daily extra charges $10.00 if you want to use the wi-fi, $20.00 for the hotel swimming pool and the gym, disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elena T
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here for 1 night on my first visit to Japan, I was disappointed to find out when I arrived at 10:30am that I would not be able to check in until 15:00, this was the last thing I wanted to hear after 18hrs of travelling, they did however let me have a shower and store my bags in the luggage room until check in was allowed!

Breakfast wasn't included even although the room worked out at over £240 per night, an even bigger shock was that you have to pay to use the gym even although you are staying in the hotel.

Overall the hotel was very clean and it is in the main district for shopping, parks etc, loads of places to eat and drink around the hotel and only a 2min walk from Shibuya station.

Room Tip: Ask for a corm room to enjoy views on 2 sides of the city.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank David C
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a long journey flying to Tokyo, airline lost our baggage and we were pretty tired upon arrival at the Cerulean Tower. Getting to Cerulean from Narita was a breeze using the Airport Limousine Bus, https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/
Since we were delayed there was no bus directly to Cerulean before another hour, but the attendant kindly suggested that we go Westin hotel on one of their other routes, take a taxi to Cerulean, and that worked out just fine, 1500 Yen for the taxi.
Reception at the hotel was a bit underwhelming, which almost made me award 4 stars. Got the feeling the person receiving us wasn't too happy with out travelling attire. Anyway that's about the only complaint I have. The hotel is gorgeous, location is unbelievable and the views from both standard rooms and tower rooms (we have tried both) are stunning. In my view you are not missing much if you go for a standard room, but the gym is half price, wifi is free and you can eat complementary breakfast at the executive salon, there is a dvd player and some better bathroom amenieties if you go for towers room or better. Breakfast is rather expensive and will cost about 3500 Yen per person, but quality is very good, Execute salon breakfast is adequate but cannot compare, but is complementary as far as I can make out.
Rooms are good size for two persons, nice bathroom, nice beds, stunning view, quiet.
Good restaurants in the hotel, a bit on the expensive side as expected. We haven't sampled all of them, I thought the Italian style was average, but the Chinese restaurant was very good. We didn't try the Japanese restaurant, hey we're in Tokyo, eating Japanese in the hotel seemed heineous.
We are close to Shibuya station, but far enough (and high enough) that little noise is heard. Location is one of the things that we are most pleased with,
Finally I will mention the incredible service we've got on the service desk. They've assisted us on travelling suggestions, navigating the subway to peripheral parts of Tokyo, writing down notes for us and assisting with most everything. Best information service ever.
We haven't checked out yet, so I hope nothing untoward happens in our final part of our stay (we are staying for 10 nights). Should that happen I will update the review.

Room Tip: Standard rooms have incredible views too.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank RuneJ72
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed one night at the Cerulean on our first night in Japan and was very impressed with the location and room size.
There was 3 of us sharing a room and we had plenty of space and the bathroom was very modern and a good size.
We were on the 21st floor and the views of Tokyo were fantastic.
Shibuya crossing was a 5 minute walk from the hotel and there are plenty of places to eat nearby.
We had breakfast at Caramelo in the hotel and the food was good and plentiful, but we did have to wait a while in getting a cup of hot tea with milk!
The staff were polite but they weren't overly friendlly and we assumed that was just how Japanese people were until we visited other places and were warmly welcomed.
Also, there was no free wi-fi at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great hotel that is central to the JR station and close to Shibuya crossing. Plenty of places to eat at and stop and watch the people drift by. Comfortable and clean beds. The only downside was it was very windy some nights and the walls made cracking sounds, which was annoying. But apart from that it was great!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends