Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
Trip.com
US$116
US$113
  • Restaurant
Sakura Hotel Hatagaya(Shibuya)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$125
JAPANiCAN.com
  • Breakfast included
1,911 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeshibuya stationsky view roomtop floorcorner roomstar hotelmt fujiminute walkbusiness hotelexcellent hotelcity viewpark hyattspacious roomlost in translationtokyo standardsjapanese standardslocation is great
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is the best hotel I’ve stayed in Tokyo (best of four comparable hotels). I was met with professional, pleasant and welcoming service. The lobby is beautiful; plenty of seating and accessible wi-fi. The room was very clean and the decor is “simple and modern” – as the cerulean promotes. I actually think the room is nicer in person than in the professional photos. I had a problem getting my iphone on to the room wi-fi, but I notified the front desk and they promptly send someone up to assist me. It took about 15 minutes to get my phone connected, but tech support succeeded. I thought that was great customer service! I did not use many of the hotel amenities, but I would definitely stay here again to try them. If fact, I think I’ll book my room at the Cerulean Tower for the 2020 Olympics right now!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was our first time to Tokyo. The hotel is very large. It has several restaurants. It is in a neighborhood that is bustling. It would be a great place with teens. A great neighborhood for young people. The people at the front desk were very accommodating. We had a corner room with great views. The air conditioning worked great. The room was very quiet. There was a jazz bar, but very expensive cover charge. 50$ per person. We did not go. I would recommend to take the airport shuttle. It is worth the money. The cleanliness of the hotel and the cleanliness of our room was amazing. A very generous amount of toiletries. They even had a sign offering complimentary make-up for women. They do not offer complimentary coffee or tea in the room. There is a delicious little curry place a few doors down. Go there. We only ate one time in the coffee shop at hotel. We did not like the food there. So we did not eat at the hotel again. One time burned. Pool and health club and wifi extra.

Room Tip: They charge extra for 3 people. All hotels in Japan do. Corner room is best. But extra money. The room was nice and cool in a hot city. The views were amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Started my holiday here with my girlfriend (who is Japanese) - the receptionist (Shimada) made a sarcastic remark about us staying 2 nights but paying for 3 (as we wanted early check in). Then when we stated we wanted to pay cash, he repeatedly stated that "it's a lot of money are you sure you can pay cash?" I have never experienced such rude staff in Japan.
(my 4th time in the country and 8th hotel). We also asked for a room with view of Tokyo Tower, considering that we were paying a whole night extra for early check in - and this was denied.

When I raised this with management they handled it poorly, and instead of speaking to the manager as I requested - the receptionist Shimada made a half-baked apology stating that it was my misunderstanding (although it was all spoken in Japanese).

I cannot stress enough that this was the worst service I have ever encountered in Japan and one of the very worst hotel experiences I have had. I was meant to stay there again in August and instead chose to stay at Tokyo Hilton - which provided a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank delirium88
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our first stay, a few years back, had been a very pleasant surprise, so we had high expectations, which were largely met. Very good value for a room on a high-rise floor with stunning views of the city. The hotel is located in the heart of Shibuya, which provides plenty of opportunities for restaurants and entertainment. The room was reasonably sized, not just by Tokyo standards, with a well-equipped bathroom. The room rate included breakfast with several options available including Japanese breakfast. The latter was not just a buffet but a luxury style bento with table service. The hotel has a top-floor bar, which also serves light bites, really worth a visit for its views of the skyline; but beware the prices there. We were offered free gym access at check-in, which includes the swimming pool: this was a real plus for our stay and the gym is a proper one with a good choice of weight machines. Check-in and check-out were both efficient and accurate in their dealing with prepayment and incidentals.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MCMember
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We took the Limousine Bus from the airport to the hotel, which was approx. a 1hr 20 min trip. We arrived at around 10.30am and as we walked into the vast, beautiful marble lobby, someone came over straight away to help us with our luggage. Check in was not until 2pm and my husband, who had been to Japan a few times before and stayed at other hotels, had said that he was not able to check in any earlier. I must admit, I wasn't looking forward to having 3.5 hours to kill, as after flying for 7 hours from Adelaide to Singapore, having a 5 hour stopover and then flying another 7 hours from Singapore to Tokyo, all I wanted to do was have a shower and a power nap!! To our surprise, we were told that the room attendant was just finishing off their final checks and that we'd be taken to our room, WHICH WAS ON THE 30TH FLOOR, in 10 minutes (YAY!!) and were taken over to a comfortable seating area to wait. About 5 minutes went past and another attendant arrived, loaded our luggage on to a trolley and asked us to follow her to the lifts. We walked out into a carpeted corridor with subtle lighting and soft music playing in the background. We stopped outside room 3013 and when we opened the door - WOW!! - you certainly knew that you were staying in a 5 star hotel!! The room's décor was light ash wood and neutral, earthy tones, with a luggage closet/walk in robe on the right as you walk in, a light ash wooden cabinet that housed the fridge, tea/coffee, kettle etc and the TV. Facing that, were 2 large, comfortable twin beds with a bedside cabinet with a safe between them and a large light ash wooden headboard behind them, a comfy lounge chair with matching footrest and a small round table, an oval writing desk in front of a huge picture window and a granite topped oblong table with a desk lamp, telephone and sockets to charge up your laptop, telephone etc. The bathroom has granite floor and wall tiles, a huge light ash wood vanity with a black granite top and plenty of storage. A bath that runs along the length of one wall in front of a huge picture window, a huge shower big enough for 2 and a toilet which is partially enclosed from the bathroom. The views were spectacular!! All of Tokyo was spread out before you. The living area had views of the Tokyo Tower and the Tokyo Sky Tree, whilst the bathroom had views of the world famous "Scramble Crossing" and Shinjuku. At night, the twinkling lights from all the buildings were amazing!!
The staff were extremely courteous and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Each time you walked past them, they smiled, bowed and said hello.
Breakfast is served in the Garden Restaurant and there are a number of options to choose from, We had the "Western Buffet" which was an all you can eat affair. The service and the food was exceptional, but at around AUD$70 for both of us, we thought that was rather expensive.
The hotel itself is about a 5 minute walk from Shibuya's shopping area, restaurants, coffee shops, the world famous "Scramble Crossing", train and bus stations and the famous statue of "Hatchiko", as well as the busiest Starbucks in the world, where, if you time it right, you can have a front row seat overlooking the "Scramble Crossing". We had breakfast there every day for around AUD$25 for both of us.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Cerulean and would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple