“cerulean tower tokyu hotel”

Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
“cerulean tower tokyu hotel”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel was lovely and very close to Shibuya station. Our room was spacious and I would advise anyone booking any accommodation in Japan to ask for a twin room as they are always bigger. We were on 22nd floor with a huge window and an amazing view. Our only letdown with this hotel that they charge for Wi-Fi . We were away for three weeks and stayed in 8 different hotels and everyone offered free Wi-Fi. We were also surprised at the end of our stay when we were charged a Tokyo prefecture tax. Was only 600yen but we weren't charged when we stayed in Ginza.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denise G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We are not usually fans of large business hotels but our 5 night stay was a dream mainly thanks to the incredible service and concierge. Perfect guidance, support, welcome and restaurant booking - even preempting our own needs!
Our room on 23 rd was large and well appointed. Great bedsing and quiet! Breakfast is fresh and extensive. Delicious. And the bar upstairs is stunning.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alice L
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel has an ideal location - Shibuya, which is great for exploring Tokyo. Overall good hotel, cleaning service would be the only thing I would complain about because they were lazy, but as far as I know hotels in Tokyo, this one is a better one with great value for money. Even the rooms were not too small, bathroom is nice, beatiful view from the room, quality bathroom amenities, friendly staff... Definitely worth of coming back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is the best hotel I’ve stayed in Tokyo (best of four comparable hotels). I was met with professional, pleasant and welcoming service. The lobby is beautiful; plenty of seating and accessible wi-fi. The room was very clean and the decor is “simple and modern” – as the cerulean promotes. I actually think the room is nicer in person than in the professional photos. I had a problem getting my iphone on to the room wi-fi, but I notified the front desk and they promptly send someone up to assist me. It took about 15 minutes to get my phone connected, but tech support succeeded. I thought that was great customer service! I did not use many of the hotel amenities, but I would definitely stay here again to try them. If fact, I think I’ll book my room at the Cerulean Tower for the 2020 Olympics right now!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Taichung, Taiwan
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was our first time to Tokyo. The hotel is very large. It has several restaurants. It is in a neighborhood that is bustling. It would be a great place with teens. A great neighborhood for young people. The people at the front desk were very accommodating. We had a corner room with great views. The air conditioning worked great. The room was very quiet. There was a jazz bar, but very expensive cover charge. 50$ per person. We did not go. I would recommend to take the airport shuttle. It is worth the money. The cleanliness of the hotel and the cleanliness of our room was amazing. A very generous amount of toiletries. They even had a sign offering complimentary make-up for women. They do not offer complimentary coffee or tea in the room. There is a delicious little curry place a few doors down. Go there. We only ate one time in the coffee shop at hotel. We did not like the food there. So we did not eat at the hotel again. One time burned. Pool and health club and wifi extra.

Room Tip: They charge extra for 3 people. All hotels in Japan do. Corner room is best. But extra money. Th...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Started my holiday here with my girlfriend (who is Japanese) - the receptionist (Shimada) made a sarcastic remark about us staying 2 nights but paying for 3 (as we wanted early check in). Then when we stated we wanted to pay cash, he repeatedly stated that "it's a lot of money are you sure you can pay cash?" I have never experienced such rude staff in Japan.
(my 4th time in the country and 8th hotel). We also asked for a room with view of Tokyo Tower, considering that we were paying a whole night extra for early check in - and this was denied.

When I raised this with management they handled it poorly, and instead of speaking to the manager as I requested - the receptionist Shimada made a half-baked apology stating that it was my misunderstanding (although it was all spoken in Japanese).

I cannot stress enough that this was the worst service I have ever encountered in Japan and one of the very worst hotel experiences I have had. I was meant to stay there again in August and instead chose to stay at Tokyo Hilton - which provided a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank delirium88
South East England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our first stay, a few years back, had been a very pleasant surprise, so we had high expectations, which were largely met. Very good value for a room on a high-rise floor with stunning views of the city. The hotel is located in the heart of Shibuya, which provides plenty of opportunities for restaurants and entertainment. The room was reasonably sized, not just by Tokyo standards, with a well-equipped bathroom. The room rate included breakfast with several options available including Japanese breakfast. The latter was not just a buffet but a luxury style bento with table service. The hotel has a top-floor bar, which also serves light bites, really worth a visit for its views of the skyline; but beware the prices there. We were offered free gym access at check-in, which includes the swimming pool: this was a real plus for our stay and the gym is a proper one with a good choice of weight machines. Check-in and check-out were both efficient and accurate in their dealing with prepayment and incidentals.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MCMember
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
#7 of 81 in Shinjuku
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,807 reviews
Dormy inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae

Been to Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel? Share your experiences!