“Proximity, Affordability, Hospitality”

Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Traveled May 3rd week 2014.

Proximity - your hotel is just 5 minutes away from the biggest train hub in Japan. you can access anywhere with Shinjuku station!

Affordability - at $140-$150 a night, this is a bargain given how neat the rooms are. Yes, rooms are small, but hey, hotels are just your resting place when you are traveling.

Hospitality - So we went to Tokyo for a week and lost our passport... the staff, while speaking in English, helped call the embassy to help us find the passport. Thankfully the hotel found it in their quarters! all the stuff with the passport are still intact. So awesome.

I loved this place. :D

Room Tip: We took a night in a smoking room, but you can't smell the nicotine smell lingering.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
プラザ新宿管理者, マネージャー at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind feedback following your recent stay.
I was really pleased to read your kind words and have passed them on to our staff.

Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,949)

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel built, it looks like, in the 80s, right next to Shinjuku station. The rooms are small but clean. The service is very friendly. The bathrooms are comfortably large, and the shower pressure is great. They have huge shampoo and soap dispensers in the bathroom which is funny. The restaurant serves both Japanese and Western food for breakfast, which is more than adequate. Most people get a breakfast pass as part if the room fee. If your room has no view the window will be matted. We were a group of 30 and everyone was very pleased. If you are looking for a more expensive alternative the Park Hyatt is 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay at Hotel Sunroute Plazashinjuku.
I was really pleased to read that you all enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We chose this hotel because of its close proximity to the shinjuku train station, the price, and the fact that the limousine bus could take us directly there, and we could check in late. Rooms are small but clean and efficient. Hotel staff was very accommodating and let us borrow umbrellas and gave us directions and maps. There's also quite a bit to do in walking distance. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Dana B

I was really happy that overall you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the location and service you recived during your stay.

Many thanks once again and we do look forward to your return to the hotel.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Best thing about the hotel is that it is located within walking distance (5-10mins) of the shinjuku station and not too expensive.

Rooms are small, cosy and clean. Service is good. There is no safe in the room but you can deposit your valuables at the reception!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wxjxjxj

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at Hotel Sunroute Plazashinjuku.

We appreciate your kind comments and it’s great you enjoyed the location and positioning of the hotel.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I booked the Standard Single room which is small but good enough for one person. I was very glad that they allow me to check in before 1100 hours. This was really great as it's immediate check in which I really need after almost nine hours of flight plus train ride to Shinjuku and I was not feeling well. The front desk/most of the staff are proficient in English and helpful but the only thing is they fail to recommend me to sign up for the Sunroute Club Point Card. I only remember about this on my last day while waiting for the bus to airport but it was too late to fill up any form as I don't want to miss the bus. Can I sign up for this card though I have left Tokyo?

As mentioned the room is small but it is just a place to sleep. The mattress is a bit sunken and felt back discomfort the next day, the carpet as mentioned by many other guests is dirty with many stains, some stains can be found on the wallpaper and a bit on the shower curtain. I brought my own slippers as would not want to wear "recycled" slippers though there was a note saying it has been cleaned. There is a small wardrobe for clothes just next to the door to the room. I do not like the fact that the wardrobe has no door and next to the door - the door is opened when the housekeeping staff is cleaning the room and other guest passing by might steal your clothes! Everytime I go out I have to push my clothes out of the sight of any passer by and first thing I look when I open the door is to check if all my clothes are there!

The bus from Narita only operates from 1415 hours so those arriving in the morning need to take the train. Maybe the hotel can work with the bus company to implement the operating hours from morning to the hotel. Though walking distance from Shinjuku Station South exit it would be more convenient to take the bus for those with big luggages.

My first choice of hotel is Kadoya but most rooms are fully booked and I have to change room (different category of room) every night. After reading many reviews of Hotel Sunroute Plaza I cancelled my reservation at Shinjuku Washington though the hotel rate is cheaper. Kadoya was my first choice as I can take the airport bus to Keio Plaza hotel and walk there and Shinjuku Washington has airport buses to the hotel from morning but this hotel is far from Shinjuku station.

After my stay at Hotel Sunroute Plaza; this will always be my choice of hotel. Great location, free WIFI etc..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

We appreciate your honest comments.
It’s great you made use of our excellent location.
I agree that some of the room carpet is dirty and we make this clear.

Thank you again for leaving your comments.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Like before, a very good choice. Rooms typical for Japan, fantastic location. Good wifi, Airport Limousine Bus for both airports drop-off and pick-up from this hotel. Very close to Shinjuku station with access to many lines.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
プラザ新宿管理者, フロント at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for your staying with us!!
We are very glad to hear your comment!

We are looking forward to see you again !

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel is very near to the Shinjuku station. It is modern, clean and comfortable. Staff are very polite and helpful.
Although the room is clean, it is very small.
Breakfast are both Western and Japanese.

Note: If you are travelling to several cities in Japan using public transport and don’t want to drag your big suitcases with you, we found the Luggage Transfer service is very efficient and convenient. The hotel will send your suit cases onwards to your next hotel for a fee. Highly recommended if you don’t want the hassle of lugging big suitcases on busy trains/buses.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
プラザ新宿管理者, フロント 一般職 at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank for you for staying Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjyuku.
We are apologize that some inconvenience of our room.

We really appreciate for your comment.
We are looking forward of serving you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Shinjuku
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
#8 of 84 in Shinjuku
Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo
Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku

Been to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku? Share your experiences!