My wife and I stayed here for the first leg of our honeymoon. The hotel is very close to Shinjuku Station, a major hub in the Japanese subway system. For your first visit to Tokyo, this is a great place to stay. All major tourist areas are available off the lines into and out of Shinjuku, many only a few stops away. Everyone at reception could speak some English - enough to help and understand your needs. The staff at reception was able to book us tickets on the Airport Limo bus to the airport. This is a huge convenience whether you are flying out of Narita or Haneda. Bus will pick you up right at the hotel. About USD $12 to Haneda and about USD $30 to Narita.
Westerners will find the rooms small and the mattresses hard. If you travel abroad at all, you will not be surprised. The rooms serve the basic need of a place to sleep. The hotel staff was attentive and helpful. The hotel common areas are immaculate. Take advantage of the Guest Lounge on the second floor as it is a cozy space to use the computers or relax between excursions in the city. If you need supplies there is a FamilyMart across the street and a 7-11 down the block. The hotel does have laundry facilities, 300 yen to wash and 100 yen per 30 minutes to dry. The dryers do not get very hot so you will need to put it on for a long time or wash only a few items. There are 3 washers and 3 dryers.
This was my first trip to Japan and this hotel really helped me enjoy our time in the city. We do not require a lot of attention when we travel so we did not ask a great deal from the staff. I always say to remember you are in someone else's house (country) so be a good house guest and act accordingly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, Sunroute Co., Ltd., Rakuten, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo