As everyone has mentioned one of the best things about Hotel Sunroute is that it is very closely located to Shinjuku JR Station. It's about a 5 minute walk from the South Exit (South Exit is also handy if you want to activate your JR pass). There's plenty of stuff to do within a 10 minute walk from the hotel- there are quite a few major department stores (with great depachika, the food basements, especially at Takashimaya), restaurants and other entertainments incl the Tokyo Government buildings. A Family Mart (24 hour convenience store) is about 200m from the hotel.
The front desk staff were very helpful and able to supply a map to point out unusual locations. Wifi was reliable. A small coin-operated laundry is present in the carpark.
I stayed in a single bright room- "bright" means there is a window in the bathroom that overlooks the bed and outside window. The room was typically Tokyo small; my hard suitcase ended up on the floor as it did not fit the folding luggage rack. I was surprised that the carpet looked dirty (it could do with a steam clean) but everything else was immaculate. I note on the hotel website that there are to be renovations from July. Everything was comfortable and quiet- I did not hear my neighbours or the road traffic for my 3 day stay.
With the great price and location of this hotel, I would stay at Hotel Sunroute again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Sunroute Co., Ltd., Odigeo, JAPANiCAN, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo