This is our first visit to Tokyo and we are so glad we chose the Sunroute Plaza. The hotels’ location is fantastic being very conveniently located in Shinjuku to the main attractions, shopping and sights with numerous eateries and “Food Markets or Seven Elevens” in very close proximity. These were very handy to buy fresh fruit, a decent take away ramen or even a beer! For a snack, breakfast, lunch or dinner you need only take a short 1-minute walk where you will find the usual McDonalds, First Kitchen through to various local eateries. We did enjoy breakfast downstairs one raining morning and for approx. 1500 yen each, found the presentation, variety and taste quite good. It was a mixture of western and Asian influences and good enough to go to again if another rainy morning should strike. We also went to one happy hour session (between 5-7pm) at the bar where for 550 yen/drink, there was a wide range of beer, spirits and cocktails available. It looked comfortable but unfortunately smoking was allowed in the lounge area. We opted to stay at the bar for an hour or so away from the smoke – still a very pleasant experience enjoying our drinks before heading out for more sight seeing.
I booked 2 rooms – a standard twin and a double, each located on the top 14th floor. The double although quite small had a double bed and it was perfect for our son. Both rooms were immaculately presented and spotlessly cleaned daily with fresh pyjamas laid out on the bed each day. One less thing to wash! The twin was roomy enough for my wife and I and the associated suitcases and shopping. As reported the beds are ultra hard, but nonetheless it was some of the best sleep that we had. The rooms had a nice ambience and felt modern, the air-conditioning worked well. There were no noise issues from house keeping or lifts. The supplies for the bathroom including body wash, sponges, etc. were better than any than we had experienced in any 5 star in Australia or hotels in Hong Kong or Singapore. For those used to awful grainy pictures on hotels TVs, you will be very happy with the quality image on the in room TVs. For western tastes, if you drink hotel tea/ coffee – there is none provided, green tea only which is not a big issue. Also no in room safe.
The weather was variable during our 8-day stay, with about half the time being showery. So it was with much delight to find this hotel very conveniently located right next to a subway entrance for 2 of the lines running around Tokyo. It meant keeping dry if needing to catch the train. Not that Shinjuku station was far away being only about a 5-10 minute stroll depending on pedestrian traffic and whether you had baggage to wheel. The airport limousine bus from Narita Airport dropped us at the hotel – convenient when raining! On checkout we walked our suitcases from the hotel to Shinjuku train station on a hot humid morning to catch the train to Shinagawa station. Not an issue as a lot of others are doing the same.
I was surprised to find complimentary umbrellas provided at reception for those days when they were needed. The Wi-Fi was complimentary and there are 3 washing machines (300 yen/ wash) and separate dryers (100yen for 30 mins) in the basement. The staff were friendly, had a understanding of English and the service was excellent. The small tings and this convenience all added up to a great experience at this hotel and made our stay in Tokyo a greater experience.
Thank you Sunroute. We miss it already and will be returning here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is a chic hotel located in the busy Shinjuku business district of Tokyo, Japan. Newly renovated in 2007 with sleek lines and modern accents, this Tokyo Shinjuku hotel's guestrooms are both contemporary and inviting for business and leisure travelers. Spacious and considerate, Hotel Sunroute offers guests competitive prices with special discounts and deals and the choice of a variety of guestrooms to meet each party's specifications. At the confluence of corporate skyscrapers and subway stations, this business hotel in Shinjuku is a magnet for business travelers. Travel around the Shinjuku and Tokyo area effortlessly via high-speed public transportation, which is just minutes away by foot. Shop one of the many department stores or travel outward to Mt. Fuji and the greater Tokyo area. Hotel Sunroute invites guests and visitors to lounge in the Villazza restaurant and trattoria for an expertly prepared meal from a menu featuring traditional Italian fare. Unwind at the end of the day in our Shinjuku hotel at Bar Ku Kon, in the plush lounges lit by a crackling fire, while sipping on a premium cocktail or whiskey with colleagues or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sunroute Co., Ltd., Expedia, Booking.com, Rakuten, Odigeo, Agoda, JAPANiCAN, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya
- Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Shibuya, Tokyo