“Very cute and high technology restaurant in Shibuya”

Genki Sushi, Shibuya
Ranked #14 of 7,470 Restaurants in Shibuya
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
“Very cute and high technology restaurant in Shibuya”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Almost everything in the restaurant is computerised. Unlike the typical kaiten sushi(sushi conveyor belt), you have to order from the computer and your order will automatically reach you in few minutes. For those who can't speak Japanese, not to worry. You can change the language setting to English. The price isn't too expensive. As a relatively big eater, I spent less than 1000 yen.

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“A fun lunch sushi option- great for westerners.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stumbled upon Genki sushi by accident (but noted later that night that it was in fact on my list of ‘to-eat places’ in Tokyo). It’s a really fun introduction to sushi for westerners. I’m a big fan of Japanese food, however I’ve never been able to get past my aversion to raw fish. Genki sushi has many options- both cooked and vegetarian- to ensure that I was thoroughly well feed. Every person gets their own counter and screen (with an english option) to assist with their selection. There are MANY different food options- nigiri, maki, miso, salads, American style side dishes, soft drinks and booze. All which you order by touch and they are promptly made and delivered by a speedy conveyer system. I really enjoyed the fried prawn nigiri, and the corn maki. Items are well prices- most starting at 120 Y and the most expensive at 560Y. A great fun lunch option.

• Visited July 2014
Aalst, Belgium
“Great experience for curious Westerners!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Genki is not a high-end sushi restaurant. If you're looking for that you should go to Kyubey in Ginza. If you're looking for a quick fun high-tech experience with tasty food at a low price Genki is your best option. The touch-screen menu (available in English) let's you choose between a wide variety of (mostly) Sushi and drinks. Everything is freshly made to order and delivered by an automatic transportation system to your seat. Great for kids but as an adult couple we also had a blast!

• Visited June 2014
London
“ok for kids”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

As a sushi restaurant , this is not good.It is ok for children as they have some gimmiky stuff aimed at them but the quality of the food is generally poor .The only times i have been there is because my children liked it but as they got older they lost interest in it . As a positive it is gaijin friendly and cheap but as a visitor to Japan this will give you a bad impression of sushi from a purely gastronomic viewpoint so look elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Great Sushi Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

When I went to Japan I try to find this restaurant. Lucky me, I have google maps. So, i just follow the direction and come to this place. A small restaurant, but nice atmosphere. The waitress find me a table, then the experience has just begun. I find a great menu from the tablet in front of me, then an automatic plate just come in front of me from the kitchen. Maximum 3 plates per-request.

And I love the game, when we purchased 1,000 ¥ , we can play a game. If we win, we can have a discount for our meal. After we done with our meal, we can check out from the tablet and pay the bill at the cashier.

• Visited January 2014