Lowest prices for your stay
US$115
Free cancellation until 16/12/21
US$114
Free cancellation until 15/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$77
Free cancellation until 16/12/21
Hotels.comUS$115
eDreamsUS$114
PricelineUS$90
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Room was very very small! Front desk staff were alright, free wi-fi in the lobby was pretty slow! Good location and value though.It was walking distances to many enjoyable local restaurants. The only thing about it was walking to the hotel from the main street which most people would do, it is slightly uphill and it can get quite tiring especially with all the shopping that you've done!

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed 18 November 2012

After deciding to extend out stay in Tokyo by one night at the last minute, we had to find new accommodation (since the hotel we had been at previously was very expensive to book when not done online and in advance!).

Some googling led us to the Shibuya Tobu, which was in our price range and had a room available same day. Done!

The location is excellent, right in the heart of Shibuya. The reception staff were very courteous. The room was okay....clean but smelled a bit like smoke and the bathroom was clean enough but could be cleaner, if you get what I mean!

Recommended for value and location!

Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed 13 November 2012

When I travel location is everything, and this hotel is perfect locationwise. 4-5 minutes walk from Shibuya station and in the middle of everything, but just enough off in a sidestreet to be calmer and not too noisy.
Rooms are quite small but good, (have been to smaller), clean and nice. The TV has BBC which is nice when being far away and not understanding the language.
There's wifi (a bit slow) in the lobby. Didn't try the breakfast as it wasn't included, but as you are in the middle of everything there's lots of cafees and stuff around every corner.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

We recently spent 5 nights at the Shibuya Tobu during our trip to Japan. Really enjoyed
our stay. Our double room was a bit small ( customary in Japan) but very clean and bed
was extremely comfortable. It was possible to open the window which provided a lovely
fresh breeze. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Location is excellent! Right in the heart of the action yet quiet. Loads of restaurants
nearby serving Japanese fare or British Pub around the corner with excellent fish and
chips, really good Italian nearby, burger places, breakfast shops. Also VERY expensive
shopping. Tokyo Hands store a few blocks away and a must.

To access from Shibuya station take Hachicho exit ( end of platform). Once
outside at this famous crossing look up and you will see Starbucks. Bear to the right
and walk straight up the street which I believe is Seibu. You will walk up 2 stoplights
Zara will be on right side and Oicity will be on left corner which is white building
with a silo like tower. Turn left and pass Parco Mall and you will see the Tobu sign.

Only small issue was the faint smell of smoke but apparently it is possible to
secure a non smoking floor which I was unaware. Also some additional hooks
for hanging towels or clothes would be an inexpensive and welcome addition
to the room.

Room tip: Non smoking!
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Just left our stay at this hotel and overall impressed for the price we paid and would recommend. I wanted to stay somewhere central in the middle of all the action so we didn't have to travel and it was important the place was clean. Tobu Shinbuya delivered the location is perfect right in the middle of the Shinbuya shopping district with hundreds of restaurants and shops on the doorstep. The room was very clean and hotel staff friendly and helpful.

The room is small but I expected this being Japan and such a great location for the price I was prepared for a simple, small room. The bathroom makes you feel cramped inside, I had to shower with the door open as I felt like I was in a closet.

Another negative is that there is currently construction going on next door and there would be loud banging from early morning till night. The construction did stop overnight but I would have preferred the option for a sleep in. If your thinking to book this hotel keep in mind from the date of this review construction is happening so you may not get quiet if that's what you value. Looks like a building is being put up and as of my stay November 2012 only the foundations where laid so I believe this will be going for a while yet.

If I come to Japan again and the construction is over by then I will come back to this hotel as the location is unbeatable for the price.