“excellent!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shibuya
Hotel Excellent Ebisu
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed 2 April 2010

- very near to the train station, shopping complex, restaurants.
- small but clean and very neat room

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank nur_idora
There are newer reviews for Hotel Excellent Ebisu

Reviewed 27 February 2010

Great name for a GREAT Hotel... Staff was on top of things.. Loved this place and will visit again.

Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I stayed at Hotel Excellent Ebisu for about 2 weeks while I visited Tokyo last summer. I first learned of it through this website and I have to say I was very, very impressed. I have heard that Tokyo is a very expensive city so I was expecting to pay a lot for my stay, but Hotel Excellent really is a great value for money. The room is small, so if you are expecting a large spacious room you are in for a shock. It is so compact that if you open the door of the bathroom it cuts the room in half (the door opens out as the inside of the bathroom is too small for it to open into the bathroom).

However at the end of the day all I really wanted was a place to sleep as I intended to spend all day outside, and for that it serves the purpose extremely well. The bed is comfortable, the staff are all super polite, it has a great breakfast that is reasonably priced, and it is around the corner from an internet café.

The kicker though is that it is literally across the street from Ebisu station, which basically puts you in the heart of downtown (or at least not very far). It is about 2-3 stops away from Shibuya and Shinjuku, which makes it really easy to go down there whenever you feel like it. There are also restaurants and bars around the hotel if you feel like grabbing a quick meal, including a McDonald’s and KFC (which has a statue of the Colonel wearing a kimono).

Overall I highly suggest this hotel if you are looking for a nice, clean place to stay. I had to make my reservation over the phone as their website doesn’t take reservations, but the staff do speak some English and were able to assist me whenever I asked.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2009

I stay in this hotel every month, as it's very close to our Tokyo Office. It's the best value for money hotel I've found in Tokyo, and I've been going there regularly, on business, for the last 2 years.

Rooms are (very) small, but always spotless. Bathroom is also small, but, again, everything clean and new. Biggest issue for me is that (as in many upscale hotels in Tokyo), all TV channels are in Japanese. Free high-speed internet is a plus.

Location is a killer: 1 min from Ebisu station, 2 stops from Ropponggi, easy access to Tokyo Station (20 min) for the Narita Express to the Airport, Shibuya and Shinagawa a small subway trip away....

At this price and location, I will not say impossible, but EXTREMELY difficult to find comparable hotels in downtown Tokyo.

Ebisu Excellent Hotel is not where I would spend my honeymoon, or where I would take my little kids for a vacation, but it does the trick as a very decent business hotel in Tokyo.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank AntonioShanghai
Reviewed 9 December 2007

Location wise this property is king because of its about 1 minute from the station (20sec if u do mad dash) but the size of the room by any standards is too small. I wouldnt consider this a hotel but rather a business hotel due to its size. I felt most comfortable when i closed my eyes and imagined i was a the Grand Hyatt, Ritz Carlton or even any Oakwood property. A part of any vacation should also include the comforts of a nice hotel... well Excellent won't offer this. Its just a place to sleep, nothing else. It can't all be about location. If there was a positive note, Ebisu Area offers some great Ramen, Yakiniku, Standing Bars, Irish Pubs, Atre Department Store (Above the station), variety of restaurants and most of all this area is not insanely packed like Shibuya or Shinjuku... Station is smaller and you wont get lost. PS: Get a room that overlooks the main street and not the back (as your view will be the next building inches away). If you are traveling with 2 dont stay here they will charge you double... go check out a Serviced Apartment like Oakwood, fee is flat no matter if 1 or 2.

Stayed: November 2007
6  Thank EbisuHapa
Reviewed 18 November 2007

We stayed here for a week. It gets an A+ for location -- Ebisu is just 2 stops away from Roppongi and 1 stop away from Shibuya and Meguro. The rooms are standard Japanese business hotel size and you won't have any room for yoga after putting your luggage down flat. Decor is dated but everything works, is spotlessly clean and not a whiff of smoke on our non-smoking floor.

On our last day they were in the process of replacing all the old CRT TVs in the rooms (with LCD ones I presume). Booking is not convenient as they don't do email or online bookings. You'll have to call or fax them but their spoken English is excellent. A true budget gem in a trendy part of Tokyo.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank gauntlet
Reviewed 26 October 2007

Can't beat the Hotel Excellent for location--walking distance to Daikanyama, Shibuya, and other trendy hip locations if you want to stay out after the trains stop--and price. Very close to international ATM, Starbucks, subway, and JR station. Clean, nice rooms. Helpful staff. Truly excellent.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank jdaries
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shibuya
Shinagawa / Gotanda
The Westin Tokyo
The Westin Tokyo
#1 of 11 in Meguro
APA Hotel Shibuya Dogenzakaue

Been to Hotel Excellent Ebisu? Share your experiences!