“Great Location”

Hotel Mets Shibuya
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Shibuya
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay.

Right on the JR new south exit.

Some of the non smoking rooms actually smells like someone just smoked next door.

Great breakfast.

Lightning fast internet, but you cannot use wifi. So, I have to buy adapter for my macbook air for connection to ethernet port.

Been staying here for few times. But price keep increasing. Although JR pass gives you discounts.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed three nights at the hotel on business. The rooms are comfortable, clean and compact. I was concerned that being so close to the train station would make the nights noisy, but that wasn't the case at all. After exiting the South Gate at the Shibuya Train station make a right hand u-turn (total of 15 meters walk from bottom of the stairs) to enter the hotel. Take elevator to reception at 4th floor.

I paid extra to check-in early. Normal check-in is at 15:00. I saw several fellow long- haul travelers who looked exhausted in the lounge waiting for their rooms to be done.

Slippers, pajamas, suit press, soaps & shampoo are included with the room. Free WiFi is also available. Look for the mini-router in your desk drawer, after plugging in the network and power cord you'll have your own private access point. The morning buffet at the Public House was fair and the decor and music was in a relaxing lounge theme. I'd recommend to others who are looking for a good value at this location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FL_Viking
Reviewed 4 August 2013

it's walking distance to Shibuya station and the famous statue of Hatchiko , room size is okay if you book twin beds instead of king size bed , there are washing machines and dryer near to reception at 04th floor , and vending machines for soft and alcoholic drinks , the breakfast was okay 02 restaurants to choose from , I recommend the one with open buffet but it close litter earlier.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Nice and helpfull staff. Rooms were big enough for our concerns. The atmosphere was very good especially for foreign tourists since they had a lot of informatin available which we found to be very good! A good place to stay near tokio station with easy access to the rest of the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Being in Tokyo for the first-time, I couldn't ask for a better hotel than Hotel METS as it is right smack adjacent to Shibuya train station - new south exit. I was satisfied with the room size, consider lavish for the price you pay for Tokyo - unless you are willing to pay for more and stay at more expensive hotel if you need that extra 'space'.. - which I wouldn't...as I was just touring the city on my own for a good 3 days! Breakfast at Public House was deeply appreciated for they took the effort to label the foods whether 'halal' or otherwise..thanks again! Will definitely stay at this hotel next opportunity!

Room Tip: choose 8th floor...facing the city...(GEMS Shibuya)..
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Be-warned that this was my first stay in a Tokyo Hotel.
So I was amazed at the size of the room! (very small) However I am told this not uncommon.
Having stayed at one other hotel during this trip I however gave it Average rating.
The booking was made by our parent co. Location was excellent for us (Shibuya district of Tokyo). Breakfast was not bad and we were surprised to see a Label with 'Halal' next to many items (this indicates that its 'kosher' for Muslim guests)
Hotel was very clean and bright.
Issues : While it was cool/cold outside, it was too warm in the room. They told us that the entire hotel was on heating, so they could not put the AC on for a single room.
The window opened in the direction of a train station so this was annoying. Toilet I thought was small but after moving to another hotel I realized that it was an avg size for Tokyo. Basic TV was pretty much useless for non-Japanese speakers.
When I asked for an iron, I was told to pick it up from Reception (my colleague however said his was delivered). But in Japan many things are done by people them selves I think.
No Gym or Pool.
When we moved to another hotel which were told was better, we were amazed/shocked to find that had smaller room and toilet ! And it was further from the office so....I wish we had stayed at Hotel Mets Shibuya.
(sorry I cant seem to find photo of the room now)

Room Tip: Get a room not facing train station !
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2013

The Mets is literally just a few steps from the gates of Shibuya station (South exit); you'll need less than 2 minutes from leaving the Narita Express until reception. Staff is friendly, rooma are clean, no-frills but spacious and very good value for money in Central Tokyo. The bar on 3f, where you also get a Japanese breakfast, is a nice place for an evening beer as well. Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business