“Not worth it except you want to know the design”

Kawaii Monster Cafe Harajuku
Ranked #178 of 9,133 Restaurants in Shibuya
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Neighbourhood: Shibuya, Harajuku, Ebisu
Neighbourhood: Shibuya, Harajuku, Ebisu
Reviewed 27 June 2018

To eat in monster cafe, you need to pay the entrance fee and you need to order a food inside.
The decoration is nice and they have dancing show. I think if you take your daughters here, they will be very happy.
But don't expect too much for the food.
I don't even finish the food. Japanese street food way way better.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We finally made a trip to Kawaii Monster Cafe and the kids enjoyed it. There is a 500yen entry fee and you must buy something to eat. Sharing is discouraged. The cafe itself is colorful and there are vegan salad options, just ask for without cheese for the Italian but they won’t remove the meat for the Caesar dressing salad. Typical, for Japan. There was a show for the lunch time crowd around 1230 but it’s pretty quick, no wow factor. If you want to take photos with the dancers after the show you have to buy a souvenir lollipop which is 700yen. They’ll announce that at your table before the show. Otherwise, the food was ok-basic cafe food with food coloring in keeping with the theme. Really, you’re paying for the experience and not the food.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I won’t be rushing back here anytime soon. Upon seeing photos of this place, I was very keen to visit. The idea and decoration was really cool, however it cost ¥500/person just for entry and you had to order a drink and a meal for each person. Our food (some fries and chicken) took nearly 45 minutes to come to our table, along with our drinks. If this place was more organised, the drinks should’ve come out first, followed shortly after by the food. Overall pretty disappointed in this place, and would not recommend it to others. The service was slow and quite rude. My only bad experience I’ve had in Japan so far.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I’m a 25 year old Hispanic girl that loves to travel the world. Been to over 25 countries in 2 years.

I seen many many many restaurants and By FAR this is my favorite one for entertainment.

Food was really creative and colorful.

Not the best food I ever tried but definitely creative.

I felt like I was in Alice in Wonderland/Pee Wee World.

Definitely fun and entertaining.

I did not make a reservation but showed up and got a table.

If you are in a huge group I do recommend making reservations tho.

And if you make a bad comment about the price then maybe you should not go to Japan.

Almost everything is pricy here, so get with the program.

You get entertainment, food, Alcohol drinks, and an out of world experience with color and creativeness.

Everyone here is so friendly and HAPPY.

You may only order one meal here since it’s VERY popular.

If you love creative and a fun spot you MUST TRY this PLACE

Enjoy my pictures

1  Thank Debbie E
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Blown away by this place! We booked a table through a third party website called Hotpepper. Not straightforward to book as you need to create an account in Japanese first and they ask for you name in Katakana. I’m sure you can rock up without reservation but those who did have one had a better table for sure (like a booth).

There is an entrance fee of 500 yens per person, it’s very commun in Japan to charge a cover fee.

I would recommend you order the rainbow pasta, these are delicious and filling. Price for that dish is 1300 yens.

Also I recommend you go there at 6pm, that leaves you time to eat, take pictures and at 7pm there is a 15min show which is very lovely (and funny).