“Fantastic Hotel!!!”

Ranked #7 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Hotel!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is very customer focused. Everyone was very helpful and polite. I stayed at this hotel for 10 nights and would gladly stay another 10 if I didn't have to go home. The hotel is an easy 10 minute walk to the Shinjuku train station. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping and entertainment in the area to keep you occupied. It is in the red light district which meant that I was approached by people touting "services" and what not. Just ignore them and continue to walk and they will leave you alone. I learned to develope a stoic look when I'm the area so after a few days, they left me alone. Other than that the area didn't have a seedy vibe and I didn't feel unsafe. The room is on the small side, as mentioned in other reviews but very comfortable. Service was excellent. What was really great was that If I missed my breakfast buffet which was included in my room rate, I could use the breakfast voucher for a credit of 1000 yen towards the lunch buffet which was 1600 yen. So, essentially, lunch would only be 600 yen, a real bargain. Also, if you're the type that keep your room clean, you may opt out of having your room cleaned for two consecutive days and you will be given 500 yen gift card to be used at the hotel for each day that your room isn't cleaned. Your room must be cleaned by the third day. In all my travels, I have never experienced this kind of service and what a great way to go green. I requested to be on a higher floor to be away from the noise and my request was honored. Although, I don't think the noise level was too drastic that you would have a problem if you were on a lower floor. Overall I would definitely stay here again when I return to Tokyo.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Hong C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great! The rooms are, as you would expect in Japan, quite small but very clean and modern. The staff and the breakfast is good although it's not a big variety of choices and it doesn't change at all during your stay.

Located in Shinjuku, one of the most busiest parts of Tokyo, you can easily move from part to part by train, taxi or even by foot. It's not that difficult to walk from here to Harajyuku or even Shibuya, actually I would recommend you to do it! You will se a lot of interesting things on the way and at the same time save some bucks (if your that kind of person maybe Tokyo is the wrong place to be, but anyway).

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Michael T
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I would definitely stay here again on our next visit to Tokyo. The hotel is really clean and much nicer than I expected. The rooms are standard (i.e. small) but completely functional and clean.

The staff were exceptional! They really went above and beyond in helping to answer any questions we had about attractions, restaurants, how to get to places, and made bookings for us.
We had breakfast included with our booking, and the spread was very good - a mix of Western and Japanese items.

The location was perfect. It's in Kabukichou so plenty of bars around. It's about a 5 minute walk to Shinjuku station (east exit) and close to the metro as well. Lots of shopping in the area as well as some really great restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank xoxojho
Reviewed 6 July 2014

It is accessible .
Room is clean .

It was a complicated area for children . Quite number of clubs are nearby . Parents may want to access to the hotel from the back trail even its a longer path to reach to the hotel .

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank OliaSW
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Partner and I stayed here for 3 nights over New Years' after a couple of days skiing in Hakuba. Had some reservations booking here as it is located in the 'red light district', but it really is very tame and I felt safe at all times - even when walking back to the hotel by myself after a fun night shopping at Lumine department store.
The hotel itself is only about a 7min walk (including stopping for pedestrian/traffic crossings) from Shinjuku Station, which will take you to just about anywhere you want to go in Tokyo and beyond. With friendly and welcoming staff, a particularly well presented for what I would have expected a Best Western hotel to be and a comfortable room made for a very pleasant stay.
I can't recommend this hotel enough, especially for first time visitors to Tokyo for the convenience and proximity to Shinjuku's amazing array of shops, restaurants and nightlife.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank josiec89
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, the hotel was very good. Quite spacious rooms for Japanese standards, the hotel provided us free of charge with a baby cot for our 5month old, which was great as not all hotels in japan offer this service. We had buffet breakfast included in our rate which was good too. The hotel is in a great location in shinjuku, very close walk to the JR station, and numerous food options as well. We had not been to Tokyo previously so was unsure on which district to stay in, we chose shinjuku based on other traveller reviews. However next time we travel to Tokyo we will stay in either harajuku or Tokyo. We loved harajuku it had a great feel, great food and shopping. We stayed in Tokyo near Tokyo station at the end of our trip and we found this was a much more convenient location to travel around than shinjuku. If you were to stay in shinjuku I would definitely recommend this hotel, as well a trip to the shinjuku gyoen which was our favorite place in shinjuku, just beautiful.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Melissa O
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

we had a room facing the street and man we couldn't sleep till 4AM.
make sure You get a room facing the back if You want to get a good night sleep.
also i was surprised the hotel didn't have a swimming pool.

Room Tip: get a room facing the back if You stay there during weekend
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank alexinvancouver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo
Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku
Shinjuku Prince Hotel
Shinjuku Prince Hotel
#14 of 81 in Shinjuku

Been to Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo? Share your experiences!