“Ultra chill bar”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
“Ultra chill bar”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Had a couple of drinks at dusk with a friend. Can't beat the atmosphere. Enamored by the iconic landmark. High quality drinks and impeccable service. Must visit if in Shinjuku. One of the most memorable experiences on this trip.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Richardson, Texas
“Very touristy but interesting”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Have a round or two if it is on your bucket list. Obviously very crowded on weekends. Avoid if being a part of others photos while imbibing is not to your taste. Enjoy the view, appetizers, and space at the next floor down if it is open.

• Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Ok... you know the movie”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

You may know the movie but the bar is even better than you might expect.

Yes the tables and table top is exactly like "lost in translation", but the atmosphere is even better than that .
The service is attentive but not overbearing.
The food is excellent and music is equally up to the task.
Bring your camera and take a photo where the movie was filmed yes, but enjoy the views, the tunes and the cocktails without all that.
It's exceptional.

1 Thank MichaelKoch66
San Jose, California
“Expensive but very nice, classy bar”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Roughly $25/person cover charge, $18 cocktails and 10% service fee. Cost aside, the bar is classy, the service was good, the views are great, and the music was nice. It was a Friday night and the bar was not completely packed so ... there is something to be said about the high prices, it got us in :) Everything included, our two cocktails each ended up costing about $35/cocktail.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mkotarak
Hong Kong, China
“Second time wasn't a charm.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had been once previously and had an enjoyable evening - I got in as a solo guest with no reservation so was pretty happy to get seated all things considered. The food on that occassion was good as the music was exceptional that night. I would have given it a 4 at the time rather than a 5 as I did get stuck with probably the least desireable seat in the restaurant - but hey, no reso, you take what you can get.

This second time, I went with my wife and made a reservation as well as a request for a window table. Where did we end up - in the exact same seat as I had on my first trip - as far back as you can get. Then it took forever for the wine to show up. The appetizer was very good however. The mains, not so much. My steak arrived and was cool (like it had been waiting a long time) as were the side dishes. Wine glasses remained empty with no one around to refill them. Service was definitely lacking.

My steak also arrived pre cut which was odd - but fortunately as a result the per person entry fee was waived.

The big failure however came at the end of the meal. I am not sure what happened but somehow we were offered to move to the bar. We had mentioned we were going to go earlier and listen to the music so we thought ok, maybe they have something special for us. Oddly however, at this point we hadn't seen a dessert menu but figured if we were getting some great table at the bar area we could order it there.

Uh, nope, we got a table jammed between everyone at the 'normal' long bar and no dessert menu. Basically, from what I can gather we got shuffled off to make room in the restaurant. No we had not been taking forever to eat but it had been taking forever for food to show up. Suffice it to say, we were not amused and decided to leave and went to the Mandarin Oriental - there, our glasses were topped up in a timely fashion and we did indeed get a window seat with a view of the city.

It is possible I now get a 'feel good' reply from management about how there must have been something wrong bla bla bla that night but on your next visit please message and we will make sure everything is great. Alas, no, there won't be a next time so it doesn't matter.

• Visited June 2014