Hundred Stay Tokyo Shinjuku
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsokubo stationaeon supermarketyamanote linebose sound systemminute walkwashing machinebreakfast was includedlocal traintea coffeegood sizesmall supermarketroom upgrademini kitchencooking facilitieslots of restaurantsmount fujijapanese standards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Two friends and i booked this hotel last minute whilst in Japan. We weren't expecting anything special but turned out it was great.
Nice large room, two bedrooms! We felt like queens after staying in small hostel accommodation. Comfortable beds and a great location.
Wouldn't hesitate and staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank leesh1288
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a first stop of an extended honeymoon and the room upgrade they gave us was amazing! Absolutely huge, clean and spacious. People on the front desk spoke fantastic English and were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was horrible though- go elsewhere for food.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clairesom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My son and I spent just over a week at the hotel in mid-October. I chose it because it was close to a train station, even the more basic rooms appeared to be larger than average for Tokyo, and the availability of a fridge and microwave in the room. I'd say we found the hotel to be prretty much as we expected and have rated it on that basis. Having two train stations (with different train lines) a short walk away (and I mean short!) was wonderful! It was far easier to have the option of two small train stations as the starting point for our activities than to have to deal with a huge station like Shinjuku every morning. The Okubo area had the basics in terms of small restaurants and convenience stores, and the Korean influence made it interesting.(I never imagined there were so many different types of kimchi!) We always felt comfortable and safe walking around.

The hotel room itself was a superior twin studio.It was really just a room, not a studio, but had enough space for both of us, as well as ample closet and storage space. There was nothing available above the 11th floor (don't expect an upgrade!) but we still had a nice view of the city. I wouldn't descirbe the staff as friendly but they were courteous and efficient. I will note that the reservation I made included daily housekeeping service. When we checked in we were told about the every 3 day service. I politely pointed out that this is not what we were expecting and they accomodated us. (Not that we aren't eco-friendly but with two of us I really wanted to have the room straightened up every day.)
Other pros: free laundry; little grocery store a few steps away; the small kitchenette with dishes and utensils for breakfast; comfortable beds; good AC
Cons: very frustrating to not have wifi in the rooms; spartan, dorm-room appearance to the rooms; breakfast disappointing (although the young woman who looked after the breakfast area was very sweet and obviously a hard worker); 10:00am checkout too early

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel has a supermarket on the first floor, great for longer stays! It's not the most convenient spot, but it's <5 minutes walking to the train station, and only 1 stop away from Shinjuku, the biggest hub of Tokyo.
The rooms (especially the suites!!!!!) are all great, but if you get an upgrade, you will love the view!
This hotel has a free breakfast, but I'd advise skipping it, the lines are crazy and it's always cold cereal, fruit, and stale bread. Just go to the supermarket next door.
Gym gym gym- This is one of the few hotels with a free gym included in the booking rate. Other places charges $20+/day for a gym visit. The facilities are limited, a few free weights, a couple treadmills, but still better than nothing.

Room Tip: Splurge on the upgraded room, the view is worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hotels across Tokyo have rooms too small for family. After a lot of research I chose this hotel and I am so glad that I found it at the right time.
As mentioned at website, the Hotel is just 2 mins ride from Okubo Station, next to Shinjuku Station.
My room was upgraded and rooms are neat and clean.
From top floors you can get superb view of Tokyo City and its definitely an add on feature.
Breakfast has fixed menu and is just OK.

Room Tip: Book the room from Hotel's website only, not other website will ever be able to match that price which you get on the website. Rooms on left side of the entrance of hotel shall give you best view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family