The hotel is situated 2 stops away from the main Shinjuku station. We like its location in the quieter area but yet convenient enough. It is approximately 5 mins walk to the nearest subway station, Shinjuku Gyoemmae. There are many restaurants/small eateries along the way to the station. At Shinjuku Gyoemmae station, exit at Exit 2. when you get out of the station, turn left to go to a lane and turn left and walk along the lane until you reach a MAIN road, the last road, I think. Then, turn right, pass the 7-11, a few more steps and you will reach the hotel.
The subway line is Marunouchi line, which is one of the metro lines. So, you could buy a one-day pass to travel at all Metro subway line. If you stay further out, then there is extra to pay for the private suburban lines.
A few doors away from the hotel is a 7-11 shop, and another 30 metres from there is a Family Mart. So, it is rather convenient.
Free WIFI, many tv channels including a few English ones such as Disney and Fox. Just need to change the language. Bottles of water, Japanese tea, English tea, coffee, creamer and sugar are provided once per visit (not per day). However, if you need to replenish, you can always get more from the tray placed at the reception. Sewing kit, cotton bud, shower cap and one more (can't remember) is at the reception too. We booked a non-smoking room and there was no traces of cigarette smell.
We were grateful that they allowed us to check in early without extra charge when we arrived at about 12.30pm since the room was ready. Check in time was stated at 2pm. At another hotel in Kobe, we were charged extra by the hour for early check-in. When we requested for late check in on our last day, they were again gracious to allow late check out at 1.00pm without extra charge.
There is a gym and laundry room. Buy the detergent from the reception at 54 Yen. It cost 200 Yen for a 4.5kg wash, roughly 30 mins. The dryer costs 100 Yen per 30 mins. We needed 1.5 hours to dry our clothes. So, all in, 554 Yen.
One gripe is that the pillow is too flat, causing some pain in my neck. There is a kitchenette which we didn't use. No problem of language with the reception staff.
Overall, we are happy with the hotel. The rating for children activities is 1 because there is none, not because it is terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance of the Shinjuku East area, one of Tokyo's thriving urban centres, Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is a contemporary residence which enjoys a prime location close to the Marunouchi and Toei Shinjuku subway lines. At Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo, you can look forward to a pleasant stay that combines the convenience of a hotel with the freedom and privacy of a Tokyo serviced apartment. The residence's range of optional services are customized to suit your business and leisure needs, allowing you a choice of short or long term stays. Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is conveniently situated near restaurants, supermarkets, shopping malls, the Shinjuku hospital and Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Rakuten, JAPANiCAN, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Tokyo Shinjuku Hotel Shinjuku
- Citadines Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Citadines Tokyo Hotel
- Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo