Mitsui Garden Hotel Yotsuya
US$412
US$338
  • Restaurant
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo(Shinjuku)
US$613
US$311
US$247
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewschuo linejr stationspoke english fairly wellfacing the streetsteamersair purifiercomfort roomshort walksmall supermarketquieter areashort stayamenities includingrooms are smallfast wifireception staffbusiness hotelaverage size
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Landing after an overnight flight from Sydney, this place hit the spot. It's clean and comfortable with brilliantly helpful staff.
The location is great and there is a range of restaurants close by. A full breakfast is available downstairs for $10.
As for getting around, the subway is 2 minutes away and a lot of places are under $10 by cab - Shinjuku, Subuya, Akasaka, Roppongi Hills, Harajuku, Yoyogi Park for example. Ginza is three train stops away.
All in all, great value, very comfortable and well located.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SteveWinter
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I was recently booked into this hotel for a week, by my employer, a TV Broadcaster. I immediately discovered their Internet and WiFi was VERY fast. I was able to FTP news packages quickly in full quality and go Live into News shows using my laptop and their WiFi. My stay was extended by 11 days, delighted we got to stay on at the same hotel And the same rooms. My bedroom was much more spacious than I was expecting. The bed was very comfortable. The windows were openable, even if just a little. There was a fridge and good stock of glasses. The reception staff were excellent, very helpful. The Hotel has a restaurant which was fair enough but the hotel is also surround by many superb local restaurants, each with their own specialities! The location is ideal for access the whole city from the train stations and Metro close by. I'd stay again.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank MichealMacSuibhne
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My first impression was not that great: a small room, breakfast 1000 yen extra, no gym or any sports facilities for that matter. I had to request more hangers for my stuff, as I found only 3 in a narrow closet by the bed. However, the staff is very well trained and helpful. I got my hangers, the water cartridge for the humidifier, an iron and an ironing board from the front desk; all delivered fast to the room. There is a minibar and a kettle, plasma TV with only - only - Japanese language programs, although BBC was mentioned in their guidance package. Pros: free wi-fi, an excellent location for JR and subway connections, 1-2 subway stops to Shinjuku Electric City, 1 JR stop to Akihabara, 3-4 stops to Shibuya (one line change). Also a choice location for a runner: the Akasaka detached palace with a 3 km loop around it (2 hills) literally 2 minutes away on foot. The immediate vicinity of the hotel is not that pleasant; a business district of sorts; however, there is a pedestrian street full of excellent (and inexpensive) little restaurants and izekayas (pubs) half a block behind the hotel. The 1000 yen breakfast was also quite palatable, albeit with little variety. The bathroom (shower only) - no complaints, first class. Not a noisy neighborhood, AC worked fine. I travel a lot around the world, and do not give high marks lightly - but I'm fully confident in my "4" for a business traveler.

Room Tip: I requested a room away from the elevator; did not get it, but was still able to sleep well; there was some noise from the traffic. The AC and humidifiers functioned well and quiet enough.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank urfin_jus
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed in Dec 2012. Hotel is as expected. What's great about it is the location. So close to the subway station. Easy access to a bunch of the popular tourist spots. If it's your first time in Tokyo and you're just trying to hit up all the main sights, this is a great location to be based out of.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Alex S
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Nice hotel with standard amenities in a central area of Tokyo. One block from the Yotsuya metro line. Breakfast in the lobby is a good value. Hotel staff was very helpful and catered to a variety of requests, including recommendations for restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face the back of the hotel, which is quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends