“Great stay for two nights”

Tokyu Stay Nishishinjuku
Ranked #22 of 83 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My friend and I had a quick weekend in Tokyo before departing after some time in Kyoto. We'd rented an apartment for a week in Tokyo the week before, so just needed a clean place to stay our final weekend. We stumbled upon this one via Booking.com who had it sold out. We emailed them directly and were pleasantly surprised they could accommodate us. We booked a semi-double non-smoking. The room was very small, but for what we needed it for (showering and sleeping) it worked out great. The staff was lovely (limited English), the amenities were a great touch, and the English explanations how to use the AC and TV were thoughtful. There is a large supermarket a block away, as well as many convenient stores to stock up on little snacks. I recommend this hotel for a quick stay with a friend/partner, or longer stay on business solo. I also think the hotel should read this and consider arranging the text to match the other Tokyu Stay hotels on Trip Advisor as it was hard to find on here. Also note: the Hilton is a quick walk up a mild hill to catch an easy shuttle bus to / from Narita for 30 yen.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, perhaps ask for a room away from the street side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MissWordsmith

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I needed a hotel near to my customer, before i was in the Hyatt Regency. I moved over the weekend into another hotel which was also ok but not in walking distance. Then i found this one. I booked first for 2 days, you never know ...

But i really liked it. Nothing to far away, with the Train station nearby you can go to Shinjuku. To the airport (Narita or Haneda) you have to change only one time.

The room was not to small and you could open the window! Even i smoke a lot, a like a little bit of fresh air once a day.

I picked it also because of the washing machine, first not that easy to understand, but they have a english/japanese manual sheet for the devices (every hotel should have that!).

Unfortunately that didn't helped me a lot for the aircon, to many unexplained functions :-) Like in most hotels the positioning of it was wrong. I couldn't work on the desk with the aircon on, until i used some tape to redirect the airflow.

Bed was ok, pillow way to small.

I extended my stay 3 times, i can recommend this hotel if you are on a budget. I wasn't, still ... :-)

I didn't tried breakfast or the TV.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin L
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We were travelling to Hokkaido after a stay near Mt Fuji and booked this hotel as the rooms offered a washer-dryer. The hotel is close to the exciting Shinjuku area, but it is a bit of a walk with suitcases. The suggested subway station is an easy walk to this hotel. We met up with others in the evening for dinner in Shinjuku. To get to Shinjuku which is at the other side of the famous government buildings, you need to walk through a park where there are a number of rough sleepers. The hotel was very good value and I think this was possibly due to it's location. The facilities in the hotel were excellent and the staff very helpful. We arrived a little early and left our cases and when we returned the cases were in our room. We were able to wash & dry our clothes ready for the second part of our trip. If you have ever stayed at Toyoko Inn, as we have and thought it was good - this place is even better for the price. We had breakfast included in the price and this too was very good - a buffet with lots of choice. there was free wifi as well as the fridge, kettle & microwave.

Room Tip: I think the rooms are much of a muchness - we had one probably around the 7th floor (can't quite...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Very convenient location. Although it's not really close to Shinjuku Station, (it took me 20 mins to walk to the hotel before I realized I could just change to subway), it is very close to the park and have many restaurant nearby in case you are starving in the middle of the night. It also has McDonald just next to it.
I stayed there for three nights. The rooms are small, but I think it is good enough for two people. The pillows are tough. If you are tall, I don't think the bathtub can fit you, but everything else like cleanliness, services are excellent. The staffs speaks English a little bit, so you might have problems communicating with them, but what I see is they put tremendous effort to understand me with little English knowledge, so I think that's good. The breakfast is average, but hey for the price I paid, it's definitely worth it. They have excellent wi-fi connections inside the hotels, including your room.

If you're looking for a clean, comfortable hotel but you're not really spending much time inside your room with a good price, this is definitely the hotel you're looking or.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Even though this is not a 5-star hotel (I'd say a 3-star), it still is just perfect: clean, hospitable and full of very convenient amenities. It is located in the quiet and modern part of Shinjuku next (less than 200m) to NISHI-SHINJUKU GO-CHOME, of the Tokyo Municipal Subway (Toei Subway) and a 20-minute walk from Shinjuku Station. The apartment comes equipped with washer/drier, iron and ironing board, microwave, flashlight, slippers, free wi-fi, ... We stayed at a semi-double room for four nights; the room is very clean, of an adequate size for tourists, as well as the bathroom - everything was perfect, including the price (much lower than similar hotels). We plan on going back to Tokyo and we'll definitely go back to this hotel. Breakfast is charged apart (US$5 per person) and was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Some rooms are larger than others. Choose a room facing the street if possible (and you'll also...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Hotel has a good location, very near the Shinjuku central park, actually just a few meters away (on the nort-western corner), two minutes walking distance from the Nishi Shinjuku - Gochome metro station (Toei Oedo line) or 20 minutes walk from main Shinjuku metro or JR station. Open 24/7, card access, small rooms but big enough for everything you need with lots of amenites (washing and drying machine, microvawe, water heater, fridge, air condition, trousers iron press...), option of smoking/non smoking room, for couples i reccomend bigger room if available, if you need it that is... They offer laundryservice, dry cleaning (dry cleaner is also few meters up the street if you need one). Staff is very nice, breakfast is affordable (500 YEN), not many variety of choice there, very simple (juice, caffe, milk, water, rice, vegetables, butter, jam, boiled eggs, yoghurt), but the food is quite good, so it is worth the money. High speed WI-Fi also available, working very nice. Next to the hotel there is 24/7 McDonald's, across the street 24/7 supermarket, just minute walk away lots of cool restaurants, caffe's, fast foods, take away's and other interesting places. And the price is, i believe, really top for what you can get, after all this is Tokyo.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dermy76
Reviewed 27 April 2013

The hotel is in great location - west shinjuku, 20 minutes walking or one metro station from shinjuku station. The staff was very helpful. The breakfast was enough. The room is very clean and very well equiped - to the last detail. The room even had washing machine that includes dryer (and the staff gives one bag of washing powder.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple