“recommend this hotel 100%”

Tokyu Stay Nishishinjuku
Ranked #20 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Sydney, Australia
“recommend this hotel 100%”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel was one of the best I've stayed at in Japan. Last time I stayed in the Washington but this hotel is the one I'll be returning to! staff are friendly and helpful and the neighbourhood is clean and friendly. It's a short 10 minute walk to Shinjuku station and a 1 min walk to the closest subway. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern and the washer dryer are a handy extra to have.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tim W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. I booked for 3 rooms for 6 people, and this place is amazing! It wasn't expensive at all, and the service, bed, amenities was just great!! It was like an apartment style but with the feel of a hotel. Love it here. The staff were really friendly and they are willing to help you no matter what.

The washing machine was such a bonus!! We did our previous 3 days worth of cleaning just in one night! Washing machine can do so much wonder when you on travel!

The location is great too, only around 2-3 mins walk to the subway station (Nishishinjuku station). The area around Nishisinjuku is more 'business' style, so if you are into night life, then this hotel might not be for you. However, with Japan subway system you can get to any places easily.

We also order the buffet breakfast. It a mix of western + Japanese cuisine. Tasted very nice too. Not expensive and would recommend anyone to add this as part of their stay.

All in all, I really enjoy my stay here. One of the best places I have stay so far and would definitely come back here again. For the price you pay this place is well worth it!

Room Tip: Remember to add buffet breakfast to your stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank laughogirl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights apon arriving in Tokyo. Found it pretty easy to navigate, in walking distance to the main Shinjuku station (west entrace). Very good value for money, for something in this area. The bathroom was nice, new and clean. Be prepared for a very firm bed! But slept well. Staff answered any questions. Felt safe as a single female travelling alone. Would definitely return!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank tanyasusanp
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was hard to find at first with no general knowledge of area. However, once found it was quite pretty in appearance and upon arrival the staff helped alot and could speak basic english. Downstairs is a curry restaurant, mcdonalds and several convience stores. It is also a short walk from starbucks and make sure you visit the nearby government observation deck.

1 Thank Lucy C
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My friend and I had a quick weekend in Tokyo before departing after some time in Kyoto. We'd rented an apartment for a week in Tokyo the week before, so just needed a clean place to stay our final weekend. We stumbled upon this one via Booking.com who had it sold out. We emailed them directly and were pleasantly surprised they could accommodate us. We booked a semi-double non-smoking. The room was very small, but for what we needed it for (showering and sleeping) it worked out great. The staff was lovely (limited English), the amenities were a great touch, and the English explanations how to use the AC and TV were thoughtful. There is a large supermarket a block away, as well as many convenient stores to stock up on little snacks. I recommend this hotel for a quick stay with a friend/partner, or longer stay on business solo. I also think the hotel should read this and consider arranging the text to match the other Tokyu Stay hotels on Trip Advisor as it was hard to find on here. Also note: the Hilton is a quick walk up a mild hill to catch an easy shuttle bus to / from Narita for 30 yen.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, perhaps ask for a room away from the street side.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wildcat98
Nuremberg, Bayern, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I needed a hotel near to my customer, before i was in the Hyatt Regency. I moved over the weekend into another hotel which was also ok but not in walking distance. Then i found this one. I booked first for 2 days, you never know ...

But i really liked it. Nothing to far away, with the Train station nearby you can go to Shinjuku. To the airport (Narita or Haneda) you have to change only one time.

The room was not to small and you could open the window! Even i smoke a lot, a like a little bit of fresh air once a day.

I picked it also because of the washing machine, first not that easy to understand, but they have a english/japanese manual sheet for the devices (every hotel should have that!).

Unfortunately that didn't helped me a lot for the aircon, to many unexplained functions :-) Like in most hotels the positioning of it was wrong. I couldn't work on the desk with the aircon on, until i used some tape to redirect the airflow.

Bed was ok, pillow way to small.

I extended my stay 3 times, i can recommend this hotel if you are on a budget. I wasn't, still ... :-)

I didn't tried breakfast or the TV.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin L
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We were travelling to Hokkaido after a stay near Mt Fuji and booked this hotel as the rooms offered a washer-dryer. The hotel is close to the exciting Shinjuku area, but it is a bit of a walk with suitcases. The suggested subway station is an easy walk to this hotel. We met up with others in the evening for dinner in Shinjuku. To get to Shinjuku which is at the other side of the famous government buildings, you need to walk through a park where there are a number of rough sleepers. The hotel was very good value and I think this was possibly due to it's location. The facilities in the hotel were excellent and the staff very helpful. We arrived a little early and left our cases and when we returned the cases were in our room. We were able to wash & dry our clothes ready for the second part of our trip. If you have ever stayed at Toyoko Inn, as we have and thought it was good - this place is even better for the price. We had breakfast included in the price and this too was very good - a buffet with lots of choice. there was free wifi as well as the fridge, kettle & microwave.

Room Tip: I think the rooms are much of a muchness - we had one probably around the 7th floor (can't quite...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple