Shinjuku Prince Hotel
US$338
US$751
US$466
  • Pool
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo(Shinjuku)
US$613
Hotels.com
US$311
US$284
1,068 results
All reviewsgreat locationtrain stationrooms are smallhot waterred light districtlift lobbysame buildinghigh floorjapanese hotelsdeluxe roomyour doorstepminute walkgreen tearestaurants and shopshotel is perfectvending machinehotel is located
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed 3 nights at Twin Room A with a friend. The room was very spacious and I loved how the bathroom and washing basin was tucked away between the entrance and the beds. The hotel is located five minutes (on foot) from the East Exit of JR Shinjuku Station and closer from the Marunouchi Line. Great if you are taking the Narita Express to/from the airport but a hassle if you are taking the airport limousine bus as the hotel is not a designated bus stop. The closest bus stop for the airport limousine bus is right outside the Keio Department Store near the West Exit of JR Shinjuku Station, 10 minutes’ walk (or more if you are carrying luggage) from the hotel.

Overall, it is conveniently located in a prime area of Shinjuku and surrounded by major department stores and shops. Will I go back? Sure, why not?!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Chunnylittleman
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

It is good hotel to stay. Recommend for anyone.

Close to everything, 7/11, train station, shopping, restaurants.

Good staff team. Does help you getting info and so on.

Very Old style Restaurant, and cafe lounge in side hotel.

For business people, there are no business centre or room for it. Not good for business.

Price okay for $150 usd, if more I'm not sure for the room I stayed in.

I would stay again but no more than $150.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Marky M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My friend and I stayed at this hotel in the month of March 2013. The room was small but I believe that's normal by Japanese standards. We had a good night's sleep and the beds were comfortable. The service and information offered by the people at the reception was very good. Surprisingly, they spoke quite understandable English. As far as location goes, it right next to the Shinjuku station and Kabuchiko district is just around the corner from the entrance of the hotel. I would definitely stay here again when I'm in Tokyo again.

Please note, since tripadvisor does not allow to state a date of travel before August 2013, I have mentioned that my date of travel was in August 2013 though we actually traveled to Tokyo in March 2013.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is right in the middle of all the action. It is steps away from the main Shinjuku station. From here, you could go anywhere. The hotel itself is modern, clean and safe. Staff are friendly and speak English. Overall, it was a great stay.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at Shinjuku Prince Hotel not by choice as we bought a free n easy flight and stay package. It turned out quite alright for us, given its convenient location. It's just above the Seibu station and just a 5-min walk to the main Shunjuku station, not daunting even with a 4 year old with us. There're some coffee joints and small shopping at the annex attached to the hotel, which is a nice to have.

Room, as expected by Japan standard, is compact and clean, although no frills.

Breakfast spread is quite decent which is good for family with young kids, although there's no lack of food options once you step out of the hotel.

If any, my only gripe would be that the front desk is a flight of steps from the main entrance, which the concierge makes effort to help with the luggage to minimize the inconvenience. Don't expect polished 5-star concierge service here, but they are mostly friendly and helpful.

Overall a nice experience.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family