I stayed at the Rihga Royal because I was attending a conference here; if I were booking my own accommodation in Tokyo I would not stay here.
The property itself is actually OK, but the details are a let-down:
- Gym access costs $30 and only opens at 7am
- Breakfast only starts at 7am
- Staff speak very little English
- Not a single English-speaking TV channel; CNN has a voice-over in Japanese
- Difficult to get to from Narita Airport
- Breakfast buffet is expensive and pretty nasty.
If you can afford it, the Four Seasons is only a couple of blocks away. It is a fabulous hotel and there is a shuttle service to the airport.More