All reviewsshuttle busjunior suiteuniversity districtlounge roomauthentic japanlovely hotelbubble bathquiet neighborhoodregular shuttledated roomshotel providedbeautiful parkhotel restaurantnearest stationbeds were very comfortablebathroom amenitiesbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 7 January 2018

This was a lovely Victorian style hotel with a number of restaurants and large very clean rooms. Staff were very helpful and there is a shuttle to the local station. The location isn't great if you want to walk to restaurants and be in the action of Shinjuku. It's 7 min walk to a subway station that is not in a main line

1  Thank melly_wilson
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Pros:
Beautiful hotel, wonderful service, big rooms, reasonable breakfast, good views.

Cons:
Very far from the main happening area of Shinjuku , NOT in main Shinjuku area- close to Takadanobaba train station and not to Shinjuku station as we expected it being in Shinjuku- their shuttle bus is every half hour only to Takadanobaba Station n stops at 10:00 pm so we did waste considerable tome in traveling to the station and then to other attractions in Tokyo

Not many food joints nearby

Booked a 4 Star for its amenities but everything is extra charge including their spa , gym and pool.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

I booked a room for three, my parents and me. When we checked in, we were led to a desk with comfortable chairs. Then a bellhop took our luggage and us to the room.
The room had three single bed and a desk. Because of the beds, the room felt crammed. The bathroom was adequate and functional. Wifi was good
We tried the breakfast one morning. It wasn't a lot of food, but it had a variety of Japanese and western food. It wasn't cheap though. The service throughout the hotel from the reception, concierge and the cleaning crew was exceptional although one concierge gave me the wrong information regarding buses from Tokyo to Yokohama.

The directions from Haneda airport to the hotel on the hotel website weren't that clear. So I had to take a taxi at the Shinjuku train station after the airport bus. Once you take the free shuttle from the hotel to the Takadanobaba station, you know where to wait for the shuttle when you come back (every half hour) and orientation of everything else.

The neighborhood of the hotel is very quiet. There is a 7-11 convenient store and a small grocery store a few blocks from the hotel. There is a noodle shop across the hotel. The noodles were too salty to our taste. Overall, it's not like the busy and bustling Tokyo you know. There is a subway station nearby and several bus lines near the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank xiongxiong43
Reviewed 29 December 2017

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days for business. Instead a registration counter, I was directed to one of the desks in the registration area. There, I sat in a plush chair across from a hotel representative for the registration process – how civilized! I discovered that I had arrived a day early and my reservation wasn’t until the following day. However, Takeda assured me she would see what she could do. And true to her word, she was able to get me into a room a day early at the same rate as the remaining reservation. Disaster avoided.

My room was very well furnished and one of the best of rooms of my multiple country trip. Adjoining Waseda University, one can stroll through the campus’ Okuma Gardens to arrive in the campus buildings.

The hotel has free regular shuttle between the hotel and Takadanobaba Station. This turn out to be very convenient and use it a dozen times during my stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Not what you would imagine when someone says Tokyo, old, very old, but comfortable,full of extra charges, breakfast is not included but sometimes you get 2000 yen discount on the final price per person.

Not much to choose from, food wise, don’t order pizza is bad.

But service is good and they have free shuttle service to metro station, that’s about it.

No pictures, not worth the trouble