“"Why stay anywhere else?"”
Review of Hilton Tokyo

Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
“"Why stay anywhere else?"”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Being a regular visitor to Tokyo and a great advocate for this property I am convinced that this hotel offers an experience that will satisfy the most fastidious traveller.We were guests in the hotel for 10 days so had the opportunity to evaluate all aspects of this property.
The key points that impress me and make every visit a enjoyable experience are,
LOCATION. Convenient to Shinjuku Station 10 Min Walk or a shuttle bus every 20 mins from the hotel. For the business executive very convenient to many major corporations and for the tourist looking for a great shopping experience Shinjuku offfers the best of the international brands mixed with many Japanese speciality shops.
STAFF Exceptional service in all facets of the hotel by friendly highly efficient staff. With few exceptions English is spoken which is great for the international traveller.
FACILITIES The hotel offers a wide range of facilities including a health club with pool/spa and a tennis court. Several eating areas catering for French, Japanese, Chinese and Western Cuisine.
ACCOMODATION May not be the newest property in Tokyo but offers a feeling of comfort and friendliness often missing in the new flashy hotel designs. On this trip we had a superb king size room with lounge etc on the 38th floor. Spotless in all areas with housekeeping staff to be congratulated on their immaculate presentation of our room.
EXECUTIVE LOUNGE I would higly recommend upgrading to this level as the hotel offers quality accomodation together with the superb facilities of the executive lounge on the 37th floor.
An excellent breakfast with tea/coffee etc served all day plus a great selection of hot and cold food pre dinner with wine etc. Staff responsible for this facilities are professional and are very willing to assist with all requests.
In summary this a first class property with excellent facilities. Management are to be complimented on the quality of presentation of the hotel and the attention to detail that is evident with all personnel who represent the Hilton Tokyo.
Recommend to your business associates or friends when they travel to Tokyo. They won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: "Upgrade to executive level - great value for minimal expense"
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate the time taken to provide such a thorough and complimentary review of Hilton Tokyo.

My team and I really delight in hearing from our guests and I am so pleased you had a great stay with us whilst you were in Tokyo. In particular I will passing on your comments to my Executive Floor team for delivering a great experience.

I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back.

Hilton Tokyo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Don't have a single negative thing to say about this hotel! Will definitely stay here again when I return to Tokyo. Room was larger than I expected and immaculate. I didn't find it to be outdated at all. Concierge lounge space and offerings were very nice. Located within walking distance to train station and hotel offers complimentary shuttle to station if you don't want to walk. We loved this after a long day of sightseeing! Staff and service were top notch, especially Tariq Lacy, the Guest Relations Coordinator. I cannot say enough about him! He was extrememly helpful, very knowledgeable of the area and patiently answered all of our questions. Anything from having extra towels stocked in our room, navigating the train/subway system, to even reccomending ways to maximize our itinerary and Tariq was our man. Overall, a great experience at the Hilton Tokyo!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah B
Dear Sarah,

My team and I thank you for staying with us and in particular for highlighting the great experiences you had and the service received.

My team is focussed on obtaining great feedback such as yours and we really appreciate the time taken to share your perspective with the tripadvisor community.

I will also ensure your feedback is translated into Japanese (all guest reviews are translated internally) so my team members are aware of our guests experiences.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Tokyo.

Thane
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The location of this hotel is very convenient for travelers. It's about 8 blocks from Shinjuku station which is a terminus for many trains. It has a good health club and spa and moderately sized rooms for Tokyo downtown. It is a primarily businessy hotel, but, remains friendly to children. A coin laundry about two blocks from it is also a major convenience if you're traveling for a while and need to refresh your clothing stash. The breakfast buffet spread is adequate and on the lines of most Hiltons.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Dear Guest,

My team and I thank you for staying with us and we are really happy you felt Hilton Tokyo was a 'Great' hotel.

Shinjuku is a very convenient location for transport connections in the city and also very easy access to main tourist areas, shopping and restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a short vacation in Tokyo in Oct 2011. The hotel has a "market" feel at the lobby where there are hoards of tourists. Rooms are very clean but dated.

Service was good, particularly at check-in, which was very quick and efficient.

This is the first time I've stayed in Shinjuku as I've always stayed in Akasaka area. I find the location of the hotel quite inconvenient. There are however subway stops within walking distance so it's manageable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank corky_c
Dear Guest,

I am very surprised and quite disappointed with your review of our hotel as it is so very different from other reviews for our hotel on tripadvisor.

Hilton Tokyo is a very popular and busy hotel and definitely has a very nice 'buzz' of activity throughout our public areas, restaurants and bars. This is one of the largest appeals of our hotel as it creates a feeling of vibrancy missing in so many large properties. We are not however a 'hoards' of tourists type of hotel especially when your visit was in the aftermath of the 2011 disaster.

Hilton Tokyo's design is a quite unique and deliberate mix of very modern western and traditional Japanese styles throughout and Hilton has committed to maintaining the highest standards with ongoing renewal since our opening. We have a wide variety of price points, room types and designs available and all are featured in our photo galleries and on our websites. Hilton Tokyo is a 4 Pavilion hotel by the Michelin Guide which equates to 'Top Class Comfort' .

I am also disappointed that you didn’t advise us of your concerns whilst you stayed with us and also why you would review our hotel 8 months later?

We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experiences further and my team is available at the hotel anytime as we take feedback very seriously and guest satisfaction is our key objective.

Ontario
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Convenient location: train station within walking distance. Airport Limousines take you to and fro from the airport. Restaurants and a convenience store are nearby. Room is spacious however the TV is small. Screen at the window makes the room dark for you to sleep in and bring in a taste of Japan. Reception staff is friendly, courteous and helpful. It worth to pay a bit more to have comfort away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors for better view, you might see Mount Fuji in far distance.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for your "PERFECT' rating of our hotel - we could not wish for more!

My team and I thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

I booked Hilton from japanican.com and got a very good deal.
I checked in at the lobby and requested non smoking room, apparently their non smoking rooms is fully occupied and we got upgraded to executive rooms but with twin beds.
I didnt mind at all, the room is big compare to hotel in japan.
And i always love the smell when i walk into the hotel, they have this signature scent mmhh..
Location is good. Near shinjuku station, they have shuttle bus every 20 minutes from hotel to station but i recommend to take nearer station in nishi shinjuku its just 5 minutes walk.
Thank you Hilton to made my holiday memorable! :))

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTokyo, General Manager at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to hear you had a great stay with us and my team and I thank you for choosing Hilton Tokyo.

It is also nice to hear you loved our signature scent which is actually green tea!

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Pretty standard Hilton property, that means good facilities as usual, rooms are nice, suites are spacious. Location is nice, short walk to some of Tokyo's finest places, restaurnats, the station etc.

It's the staff at this hotel that set it apart though. Great service from the moment I arrived till I was 'bowed' off on the bus to the airport. Big thanks to the reception team who take care of the guests so well, and for the management to take the time to personally introduce themselves and get feedback on their services. (thanks Shinji!)

Keep up the good work guys, I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am really happy you appreciated our team members and product and rated us as a "Great Hotel".

All of us at Hilton Tokyo are committed to providing the best guest experience and to differentiate our product based on this.

In Japan is is often difficult to exceed the already high level of personalised service however we will continue to push this very important part of our hotel experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for choosing Hilton Tokyo.

Hilton Tokyo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Hyatt Regency Tokyo
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
#11 of 81 in Shinjuku
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,204 reviews
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!