Upon entering the hotel lobby and within a few seconds of wheeling my luggage towards the front desk, a concierge approached me and said he will take care of my bags for me while I got checked in. A very pleasant surprise! After a speedy check-in, the check-in staff escorted me to the elevators and wished me a pleasant stay. Another pleasant surprise!
After entering room 3010, my first impression was that it was spotlessly clean although the furnishings were looking a bid dated. Even the dark brown day bed had permanent scratch marks on them. The bathroom was an OK size, the complimentary toiletries were from Crabtree and Evelyn, so not too shabby. Nonetheless, not long after entering my room, my luggage came in double quick time.
As I stayed in a junior suite, I was given the option to purchase the buffet breakfast at 2,500 yen instead of the regular price of 3,600 yen. Even though there was a huge selection at the buffet breakfast, the quality was only average. Hence, I only ate there once during my four night stay. Also by staying in the junior suite, I was given complimentary access to the 24 hour gym and the swimming pool that closed at 8 pm every night. Why can’t they make the pool open 24 hours, like the gym or at least close later?
In terms of service and warmth, this hotel is top notch. In the hotel lobby, concierge will stand in strategic locations to attend to guests’ queries and provide assistance. This hotel also has a complimentary return bus shuttles service to Shinjuku train station leaving every 20 minutes so it was really useful. However, I noticed most of the people who took this shuttle service don’t even stay or work at the Hilton. I don’t know why the Hilton allows this, they should make this shuttle service for hotel guests only or start charging these freeloaders.
As I had to check my email, I went down to the business centre to use the desktop computer and internet. Very expensive! 800 yen for 30 minutes! On top of that the desktops they had were really old. The RAM was less than 1GB and the MS office was still the 2003 version. Because of the exorbitant charges, I only used the business centre internet only once for 30 mins during my entire stay.
Apart from the expensive internet charges, my right hand was almost taken off by one of the elevator doors! I was in the lobby wanting to go upstairs and was rushing for an elevator that was closing so I stuck my hand between the closing doors. This should have caused the elevators doors to open but it didn’t! I had to wrestle my right hand from the elevator jaws of death!
All in all, I had a pleasant stay at the Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku, and would probably stay there again when I am in Tokyo again. What would make it go from ‘probably’ to ‘definitely’? Cheaper internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo is located in Shinjuku, the heart of Tokyo's business, shopping and entertainment district, and is an ideal place to experience modern Japan. A complimentary shuttle operates between the hotel and Shinjuku station and the Tokyo Metro subway is connected to the hotel. Relax in one of the modern Japanese-style rooms and admire stunning city views. The hotel offers WiFi and internet access throughout all rooms and public space. Rejuvenate in the 24-hour on-site health club and relax in the sauna or soothing whirlpool spa. Play tennis on the rooftop courts or swim laps in the indoor pool. Exercise with Technogym equipment, the official supplier of the Olympics and Paralympics. TSUNOHAZU expresses folkloric traditions and boundless energy of the Shinjuku neighborhood in an open-format space composed of colorful materials, surprising design elements and four distinct dining and entertainment zones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Rakuten, Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku