“Very Good Hotel”
Review of Hilton Tokyo

Hilton Tokyo
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very good service,very convenience location and very clean room! Some mistake about the reservation of shuttle bus from hotel to Narita airport on the date of departure because of the communication problem between staff,but almost everything was fine! I'd be willing to recommend this hotel to other's who'll trip to Tokyo! Hope to be here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HJacobe, Director of Operations at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest
thankyou for your overall positive review and kind recommendation. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Write a ReviewReviews (4,591)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We spent three nights at this hotel in May 2014. I used to be a Hilton Diamond and spent over 60 nights a year in Hilton Hotels and this is one of the nicer ones that I've stayed at. While the outside of the hotel was not very inviting, the inside was a different story. The lobby was spacious and had free Wi-Fi. The hotel rooms were much larger than most rooms in Tokyo. The hotel also has an acceptable gym with a pool. The restaurants in the hotel were high priced, especially the buffet/tea area in the lobby, but there is really no need to eat in the hotel given the location. In general, there were not enough places to sit in the lobby. The hotel is in a great location and easy walking distance to the Park Hyatt and Shinjuku Station. If you are dying for American life, there is a Starbucks and a Denny's across the street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HJacobe, Director of Operations at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest
thankyou for your overall positive review of our hotel and your ongoing loyalty to Hilton. It was a pleasure to host you and we hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'll qualify this by starting out saying that I usually stay at the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi (but on this occasion I was unable to stay there). The Hilton is a reasonable hotel, but it's no Hyatt. The cost of the hotel was much the same as the Grand Hyatt, however the quality of the room was nowhere near as good. The room itself was a reasonable size, however the bathroom was an absolute shocker. I had expected it have something of a reasonable size and quality, however it was a shoebox bathroom with a horrible shower and a shower screen that resulted in water leaking all over the bathroom floor and around the toilet. The club lounge was relatively small, and I often found it hard to get a table for breakfast - though it did do a great fresh orange juice.

The service throughout was fine, however it wasn't great enough to make up for the problems in the bathroom.

Next time I'll be back at the Grand Hyatt, and if I have to stay in Shinjuku then I'll stay at the Park Hyatt - much better than the Hilton

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
thankyou for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and we were disappointed to read that we were not able to completely satisfy you on this occasion. We have not received this feedback previously about the shower however we will be able to identify the room you stayed in and take corrective actions on the shower screen where necessary so thankyou for bringing that to our attention. Actually our Executive Lounge is officially the second largest in Tokyo (the first is not Hyatt) and our Marble Lounge is also available to all those with lounge access as an alternative for breakfast and also features a large array of fresh fruit and vegetable juices and smoothies. We note that you have stated you would not return and we are very conscious that our guests do have a huge choice in Tokyo, but in view of your emails with our Front Office Manager we would hope that you will reconsider and provide us another opportunity to showcase the hospitality Hilton is famous for. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance going forward.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The rooms are very nice. The restaurants are outstanding. Its in walking distance from Shinjuku Station, from where you can reach almost every place in Japan. Also the bus to Haneda Airport directly from the Hotel is very helpful. I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HJacobe, Director of Operations at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest
thankyou for your 5/5 review. We note that you intend to return and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This property is severely understaffed, waiting 30 minutes for coffee in the morning because the only visible staff member was also seating people and cleaning tables. The same applied to the executive lounge.. Now that said - the hotel is very nice, the rooms are moderately sized and clean. The free shuttle to Shinjuku station allows access to all the tourist sites in Tokyo. As a side note, buy a Suico card for painless travel on the very easy and reliable subway system. Would I stay again - you bet, but I sure would like to see the staffing increased.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marlew76205
HJacobe, Director of Operations at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest
thankyou for your overall positive review. I appreciate you bringing to our attention the wait for coffee in the morning, this is not acceptable and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. Our Food and Beverage Manager is addressing this. We are pleased to note that this would not deter you from returning and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of the nicer hilton properties I've stayed at.
Arrived on a 6:30am flight, check in was at 2pm, asked if they could accommodate me as I had a 10am meeting.
No Worries! The room was clean, the breakfast excellent and I'm ready for work!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BusinessTravelDude
HJacobe, Director of Operations at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest
thankyou for your 5/5 review and for choosing our Hotel for your important business trip, it is our pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

First stay at this establishment and based on Japanese customary, I had high expectations of service. Overall service did not disappoint too much. From luggage service, housekeeping through to breakfast, service was great.

Only slight disappointment with Hilton Tokyo was at check in, I was told that I was upgraded to a King Junior Suite Executive (originally booked Junior Suite King). Thought that was a very nice touch from the establishment until I decided to go and check out the lounge. Upon entry, we were categorically told that we was offered an "upgrade" to an executive floor room but not entitled to the benefits! Originally thought it may have been a communication issue at check in but corrected with some attitude from the executive Lounge receptionist that she checked with the person who checked me in and confirmed receptionist studied overseas and therefore English was not an issue. I was told by the Front Desk Supervisor & Assistant Front Office Manager that usually this is not the case but provided no explanation. To add further insult to injury, I was told if I really wanted access to the Executive Lounge, I would need to move from my King room to a Twin room! No big deal about accessing the lounge as being Gold makes it a privilege rather than a right but disappointed of not being told upfront at check in.

Ultimately both Front Desk Manager & Assistant Front Officer manager insisted I use the Executive Lounge for the rest of my stay. At that stage I was no longer interested especially if Executive Lounge staff will have some attitude towards residents.

I was hoping to meet with the GM on site but to no avail. Hope this gets reviewed by the GM Michael W. If upgraded to an Executive room, one should also expect the benefits ... This has left a slight sour taste of Hilton Tokyo!

Room Tip: Until the entire hotel rooms are renovated by end of the year, ask for a renovated room.