The first thing I noticed as soon as I walked into this hotel was the nice scent, very similar to my favorite (but discontinued) The Vert Green Tea Eau de Toilette from L'Occitane. This scent has a calming effect and that is what I noticed immediately. At the front desk counter, I stopped all the conversation and enjoyed the nice scent for a while. The front desk person said they use aroma oil called green tea. Thank you Hilton for helping me feel at home as soon as I walked in.
Staff at the executive lounge was excellent. When I asked one staff about the fish market (in Tsukiji), he provided me all the information I needed, and the next day at breakfast, he remembered our conversation and made sure to follow up on my visit to the market.
What made the this Hilton more than any other hilton was after the check out. I reserved the bus to the Narita airport and watched the bell staff handled passengers' luggage. Two or three people separately checked, double checked and triple checked all the passengers reserved the seat was on board and luggage was loaded against the printed list they had from the front desk. I normally sit on the window seat where they load luggage to ensure my suitcase was loaded to the bus. I realized I don't have to worry about missing luggage here at Tokyo Hilton. This made me at ease. Assuring they take care of the guests after we checked out the hotel. The door man was giving hard candy to the passengers for the trip. Bus ride to the airport is not short. They know we could all use small candy during a long bus ride to the airport.
There were several other small things they did. It may be a such a small thing but this is the Japanese omotenashi. Sure this hotel is expensive, but the service we received was more than what we paid. I reserved a room again at this hotel, this time for my parents. I want them to enjoy the service I received and really feel relaxed, knowing they will take care of the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo is located in Shinjuku, the heart of Tokyo's business, shopping and entertainment district, and is an ideal place to experience modern Japan. A complimentary shuttle operates between the hotel and Shinjuku station and the Tokyo Metro subway is connected to the hotel. Relax in one of the modern Japanese-style rooms and admire stunning city views. The hotel offers WiFi and internet access throughout all rooms and public space. Rejuvenate in the 24-hour on-site health club and relax in the sauna or soothing whirlpool spa. Play tennis on the rooftop courts or swim laps in the indoor pool. Exercise with Technogym equipment, the official supplier of the Olympics and Paralympics. TSUNOHAZU expresses folkloric traditions and boundless energy of the Shinjuku neighborhood in an open-format space composed of colorful materials, surprising design elements and four distinct dining and entertainment zones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Rakuten, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku