“Excellent service, Omotenashi - The Heart of Japanese Hospitality”
Review of Hilton Tokyo

Hilton Tokyo
Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The first thing I noticed as soon as I walked into this hotel was the nice scent, very similar to my favorite (but discontinued) The Vert Green Tea Eau de Toilette from L'Occitane. This scent has a calming effect and that is what I noticed immediately. At the front desk counter, I stopped all the conversation and enjoyed the nice scent for a while. The front desk person said they use aroma oil called green tea. Thank you Hilton for helping me feel at home as soon as I walked in.

Staff at the executive lounge was excellent. When I asked one staff about the fish market (in Tsukiji), he provided me all the information I needed, and the next day at breakfast, he remembered our conversation and made sure to follow up on my visit to the market.

What made the this Hilton more than any other hilton was after the check out. I reserved the bus to the Narita airport and watched the bell staff handled passengers' luggage. Two or three people separately checked, double checked and triple checked all the passengers reserved the seat was on board and luggage was loaded against the printed list they had from the front desk. I normally sit on the window seat where they load luggage to ensure my suitcase was loaded to the bus. I realized I don't have to worry about missing luggage here at Tokyo Hilton. This made me at ease. Assuring they take care of the guests after we checked out the hotel. The door man was giving hard candy to the passengers for the trip. Bus ride to the airport is not short. They know we could all use small candy during a long bus ride to the airport.

There were several other small things they did. It may be a such a small thing but this is the Japanese omotenashi. Sure this hotel is expensive, but the service we received was more than what we paid. I reserved a room again at this hotel, this time for my parents. I want them to enjoy the service I received and really feel relaxed, knowing they will take care of the guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Hamham730
HJacobe, Director of Operations at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest
thankyou for your visit and 5/5 review of our hotel. Yes, the aroma we use is 'Sencha' and very popular, actually the home use version is the biggest seller in our retail outlet. We are most honoured that you have recommended us to your parents and we are looking forward to welcoming them.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is my second stay here and I had a wonderful stay, especially now I know my way around. Check in and check out was super efficient, although when it gets busy it is really hard to know how to line up because people just stand around and use own courtesy system as to who was first and so on. I wish they would put in some sort of line up system otherwise, guests are just standing around in a makeshift line. Everything else was fine, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
thankyou for your overall positive review of our hotel and constructive feedback about our busy front desk. We note that you have stayed previously and hope that you will always choose to stay with us when in Tokyo and we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My stay in the Hilton Tokyo was wonderful, as its location was within a few minute walk of the Metropolitan Gov't building, the Marunouchi subway, as well as event a Starbucks. I enjoyed the fitness center, as well as the great view of the city.

My biggest praise would be the service at the Hilton Tokyo. Sam Fan, the manager at the front desk was very generous and kind upon my check-in and helped me into the best room for the price that was available.

As, not only a Hilton Honors card member, but an investor in the stock, I was pleased to see the great service and quality rooms that make Hilton the only hotel that I stay at around the world.

Thank you Hilton Tokyo. Great job!

Room Tip: The higher floors are quiet and provide a great view of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank John D

Dear Guest
thankyou for your 5/5 review and it was our great pleasure to welcome you; as both a valued HHonors member and a shareholder. We will pass on your comments to all team members and especially to Sam who is a great asset to our team. We hope to be able to welcome you back to Tokyo again soon

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Room: Clean and spacious. However, the style is not so modern, but contemporary. The room is very spacious compared to other hotels in Tokyo.

Location: Very convenient. Only one minute walk to Tochomae station. There is also a shuttle bus to Shinjuku station too.

Breakfast: Very busy during my stay since there is a big tour group from China. The food itself is great in varieties. The staff seems very busy, but provide me good service.

Front Desk & Conceirge: very helpful and efficient.

Very good hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest
thankyou for your overall positive review especially regarding our team member service. We hope that we will be able to welcome you again soon

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel and convenient location complimented by a shuttle bus to and from station ar hotel entrance and next to the Kieo department store at stop 21. walking to station is only 10 mins Breakfast had wide range of food on offer and was very nice food. Rooms large and large glass shower.
Could not fault this hotel.
Tip there is a convienence shop in basement should you need a snack or supplies. There is also a metro station next door but we never used it electing to go to main Jr station as we used our rail pass most lines.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
thankyou for your 5/5 review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay especially our famous breakfast buffet. We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The line for check in was daunting, with many of the clerks heads buried in the computer, but not acknowledging or helping the long line of guests. When my turn finally came, I was given a room and told that since the hotel was full, my honors status would not provide an upgrade...no problem. But the clerk told me he would provide free breakfast. Only issue is my rate already included breakfast. My room on the 27th floor provided a very good view, but the room was not clean, with stained carpeting and fraying bed linen. While a nice size, it was sterile, but not in a cool minimalist way. All restaurants were under renovation except the lobby. The quality of breakfast was poor and made worse by the significant over-crowding. The positives of the Hilton are the great location, with good proximity to the metro, restaurants, and businesses.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
thankyou for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and our apologies that we were not able to fully satisfy you on this occasion. Our hotel enjoys very high occupancies year round but there should be no lapses in our warm Hilton welcome at reception and award winning breakfast buffet, so your comments are very concerning and can assure you will be followed up, including identification of the room you stayed in on the 27th floor for possible improvements with those concerned. We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance going forward with that

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very good service,very convenience location and very clean room! Some mistake about the reservation of shuttle bus from hotel to Narita airport on the date of departure because of the communication problem between staff,but almost everything was fine! I'd be willing to recommend this hotel to other's who'll trip to Tokyo! Hope to be here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HJacobe, Director of Operations at Hilton Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest
thankyou for your overall positive review and kind recommendation. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
#13 of 83 in Shinjuku
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
#12 of 83 in Shinjuku

Been to Hilton Tokyo? Share your experiences!