This is one of the best Hilton's we've ever stayed in, wonderful bustling foyer area (sometimes a little too busy but that's Tokyo for you!) and the rooms were a good size for Japan, nicely finished. The location is perfect with a very handy shuttle to Shinjuku station that we used every day. Frankly this hotel would get 5 stars if it wasn't for my pet hate which is when a place holds it's guests to ransom for their on site amenities. The prices in the foyer restaurant are just ridiculous, one late night we didn'd have the time or energy left to go out so ate in there and I paid 1800 Yen for fish & chips with the smallest portion of fish I'd ever seen - we were also hustled out of the restaurant after our meal as apparently the staff were keen to close (it was only about 9.30pm). The bar in the hotel is lovely but again prices just too much to justify more than one drink there - they charge the same as the New York bar in the Park Hyatt except you don't get amazing table service and fantastic views of Tokyo! I'm sure the hordes of business people through the hotel every week don't care but it's a bit much for you're average couple of family travelling.
Thoroughly recommend this hotel though, for Tokyo the nightly rate we paid wasn't actually too bad and you can fairly easily go out in Shinjuku for more modestly price food and drink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tokyo is located in Shinjuku, the heart of Tokyo's business, shopping and entertainment district, and is an ideal place to experience modern Japan. A complimentary shuttle operates between the hotel and Shinjuku station and the Tokyo Metro subway is connected to the hotel. Relax in one of the modern Japanese-style rooms and admire stunning city views. The hotel offers WiFi and internet access throughout all rooms and public space. Rejuvenate in the 24-hour on-site health club and relax in the sauna or soothing whirlpool spa. Play tennis on the rooftop courts or swim laps in the indoor pool. Exercise with Technogym equipment, the official supplier of the Olympics and Paralympics. TSUNOHAZU expresses folkloric traditions and boundless energy of the Shinjuku neighborhood in an open-format space composed of colorful materials, surprising design elements and four distinct dining and entertainment zones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Rakuten, Expedia, JAPANiCAN, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hilton Hotel Tokyo
- Hilton International Shinjuku
- Shinjuku Hilton
- Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku