We'd looked forward to our two nights in this sky high hostel. The location is good. Very close to the subway & JR trains. Lots of places to eat (including a grocery store) in the building. But the rooms weren't as comfortable as we'd wished. Really slim mattresses that made for uncomfortable sleep. The air conditioning couldn't quite mask the Tokyo swelter, but that may be due to this problem:
The carpets had been just cleaned, likely due to some sort of biological accident of the sort that one doesn't really want to contemplate. The floors started out wet, proceeded to gummy, and by the time we checked out the enzyme cleaner had gotten to work--and the stench was over-powering. Again, not really the hostel's fault, but it did really affect our stay in an unpleasant way :(
Otherwise the facilities were good. Seemed like people had to wait awhile to do laundry (only one machine on our half of the floor). Plenty of bathroom/shower space. Wi-fi in the common areas. We didn't eat at the hostel because there was a great bakery downstairs in the building & we found dinner out and about.
Good for large parties--all 8 of our traveling family stayed in one room. Privacy curtains and lockers for those in smaller groups.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We re-opened on 2011 as “Tokyo Central Youth Hostel”, accommodating more than 35,000 guests per year, of which the 40 percent are from overseas. Our hostel is located near Iidabashi Station, where is the heart of Tokyo. It is a very convenient location, where you can take Jr lines or Tokyo metro lines and go to Shinjuku, Tokyo, Ueno, Akihabara, Asakusa, Harajuku, Ginza and Roppongi. The facility consists in 4 to 10 people bunk bed dormitory style rooms and Japanese style tatami rooms located on the 18th and 19th floors overlooking a panoramic view of Tokyo. We place high priority on the concept of cleanliness, safety and comfort. Individual room keys and locker keys are provided upon check in. We are popular among youth organizations, young ladies and families because of the safety. For the security of the building and our guests we have a curfew that no one can come in or going out from 11pm to 6am. Around our hostel are plenty of restaurants, also convenience stores, supermarket, 100yen shop, pharmacy, hospital, post office around our hostel, it is very convenient. You can walk to the Imperial Palace or Tokyo Dome Stadium from here. We are looking forward to seeing you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JAPANiCAN, Booking.com, Rakuten, Expedia, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Tokyo Central Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tokyo Central Youth Hotel Shinjuku
- Tokyo Central Youth Hostel Shinjuku