My family stayed here for ten days in April. (Sakura Fever, Catch it!). Mom, Dad, boy 9, girl 6. The hotel, when viewed from the outside could be mistaken for an urban jail complex. Inside, however, it's all business. The lobby looks like the lobby of all those Hyatts that were built as a part of the US "Urban Renewal" fad of the 70's and 80's. My wife commented upon seeing the room, "This could be anywhere in the world." TV (32 inch with HDMI input), dresser, beds, bathroom, solid OK. The staff, pleasantly unobtrusive, the facilities? Hell, there's a full-size 7-11 in the bottom of this building, what more do you want?
Much has been said about the location. It's not immediately adjacent to Shinjuku Station (you'd like that?). You can walk it. Took the subway to a Swallows night game with my boy, walked both ways to Shinjuku, not a peep from the kid. They have a bus to the station, which is free and kinda lazy. It's directly across from Shinjuku Chuo park, which has a swell kids playground and beautiful Shrine (complete with non-stop weddings) and lots of Bums. But the Bums are very polite and actually quite interesting. Never did figure out what was going on with many of the other activities (Tai chi class meets at 0600). We spent a whole lot of time in this park. The Tokyo Metro Building with its free observatory and overpriced Chinese souvenirs is right next door. Lots and lots of cheap eats between Shinjuku Station and the hotel. If the guy making the Lattes at Excelsior Coffee goes missing, we kidnapped him. Google Street View, use it, it's across from the Keio Plaza on the station side.
Good place, clean, reasonably priced. Five stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business-oriented High-rise Hotel with seven-story Atrium, situated in commercial area of Shinjuku, facing Shinjuku Central Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rakuten, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hyatt Regency Shinjuku
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Tokyo
- Hyatt Tokyo
- Hyatt Regency Tokyo Shinjuku