“Beyond expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Beyond expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at Park Hyatt Tokyo for one night, but it surely felt like 3 nights. Spacious modern room, clean and wide bathtub, nice gym/pool, and great restaurants overlooking Tokyo, and you get lost in translation. I was very impressed with great concierge service, and late check out (4 pm!), . It is an easy access by Narita express to Shinjuku Station (South Exit), and then by taxi (one meter).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Ken_1762013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had a wonderful stay at the Park Hyatt with my family of 5. I can say enough nice things about the staff. They were wonderful and a pleasure to deal with. Breakfast buffet was excellent, and rooms were spacious and beautiful. A wonderful oasis after a long flight and long days exploring Tokyo.

Room Tip: We had two interconnecting rooms because we were traveling with our three kids. These can be hard to...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank citynewz
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Park Hyatt Tokyo about a month ago and had a fabulous stay. We were in a corner room on the 47th Floor overlooking Yoyogi Park and the views were amazing...but the entire hotel offers amazing views of Tokyo. The room had a view, the pool had a view, the New York Grill had a view, the Peak Lounge had a view...and they were all wonderful.

Staying at the Park Hyatt as a Diamond Member was nothing short of spectacular. The American Breakfast was delicious and filling, and the Japanese Breakfast, while very different from what I'd typically eat, was also quite enjoyable; I'm glad I decided to get it one morning. I think my favorite thing about staying at the Park Hyatt was the drinks and appetizers offered each evening at the Peak Lounge. Everything we had was delicious and it was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable moments of the entire trip. And the views...

My only complaint (and it is a minor one) involves finding the hotel itself. I knew which building the Park Hyatt was in, I knew it occupied the top floors of all three towers...surely I'd be able to find my way just fine, right? Wrong. We wondered around the lobbies and public spaces of the first two floors for a while before a nice woman kindly pointed us in the right direction...and from there we were only an elevator ride, a couple more corridors, and a library away from the check-in desk.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit I had so much trouble finding my way...but other than that my experience at the Park Hyatt Tokyo was flawless. The service, the amenities, and the food were all spectacular. I would definitely recommend staying at the Park Hyatt when visiting Tokyo.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank jrmartin724
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel the last night of our trip to Japan and I can not have a better end! The hotel is awesome, a dream pool, room service, bar ... all perfect. When I got up from the extraordinary panorama of the room, you could sense the Mount Fuji in the distance! Too bad the day was not very clear but it was great! The truth is that it made me a very short little stay,

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank nadia a
Europe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here just one night in July 2014. Upon arrival greeted by name and personalized check-in followed in a suite at 42nd floor. Hotel is just stunning, spanning from 39 to 52 floor. Used limousine bus to get there from Haneda, very simple and straight-fowards, delivered just in-front of the hotel. Suite in immaculate condition with every little perk traveller needs, breakfast great and recognision for Hyatt GP Diamond also great. Also had a nice swim in perfect pool on 47th floor, totally recommended. Wi-fi reliable and fast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PremiumFlyer74
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Wow. What a place. We arrived in Tokyo for our honeymoon after a long flight from Scotland, still tired from the crazy weekend of our wedding and the Park Hyatt was the most wonderful place to recuperate, relax and enjoy. We were greeted by very friendly staff as soon as we arrived, who were very helpful checking us in. The views from our room were breathtaking and what a nice surprise to have some complimentary champagne delivered as a honeymoon gift!

The swimming pool is wonderful - so serene and relaxing. As was the spa.

We ate in New York Grill on our first night - the food was absolutely amazing and we enjoyed every minute (even though you could feel the building slightly swaying! The New York Grill is very very high)

And oh my, the breakfast! I don't think any other hotel will ever beat the fabulous breakfast we had each day. The staff were very helpful with my gluten allergy too.

We absolutely loved staying at the Park Hyatt Tokyo and hope to be back one day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Katherine C
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family and I have just had the pleasure of spending 6 nights at the Park Hyatt Tokyo. We had 2 rooms booked and they were located side by side as requested. The rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed. Every need has been superbly catered for down to the finest details. The bathroom has a fantastic shower and a bath that is heavenly. The quality of amenities are amazing, from Aesop toiletries to Bellvedere Vodka.

The service from all staff really defines this hotel. The breakfast staff are attentive and highly professional. Room service is prompt and delicious. I had a cold and a staff member accompanied me to the pharmacy and translated for me. From the concierge, to the cashier to the spa staff, everyone is highly professional.

The pool is wonderful, clean and heated to an appropriate temperature. The spa facilities are incredible and we used this daily. There are 3 types of saunas and a jacuzzi.

This is a world class property with world class service. More than Lost in Translation, this hotel surpasses all expectations. I cannot wait to return. A sincere thank you to everyone that made our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
3 Thank CocoCantrelle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Hilton Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
#1 of 108 in Minato
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,708 reviews

Been to Park Hyatt Tokyo? Share your experiences!