“Perfect Hotel in Tokyo”

Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
San Francisco, California
“Perfect Hotel in Tokyo”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotel atop a Tokyo skyscraper in Shinjuku that is really perfect in every way. The room and bathroom are beautiful, the view amazing, and the service excellent without being intrusive. It is a bit of a walk to the Shinjuku station, but we actually found a closer subway stop that was only about a 7 minute walk. The New York Bar on the 52nd floor is spectacular, and the music charge is waived for guests of the hotel. Yes this is an expensive hotel, but given it is Hyatt, you can often find promotions that bring the rate down. Highly recommend it and would look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paul T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I loved this hotel.
What can I say, perfection in every way.
quiet luxury, not over the top and totally private.
Great location and an overall excellent stay.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.
My wifes favorite hotel in the world

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RichardCLT
Seattle
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Every once in a while you encounter a hotel that is more than a five-star, and this is one of them.
In every sense: service, comfort, luxury, the spa, the food in the hotel New York bar on the 52nd floor, the Japanese restaurant Kozue, this hotel represents the best that the hospitality industry has to offer. We stayed three nights and wished we had stayed longer. Don't miss the opportunity to stay here; it is a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the Yoyogi Park view; it is fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank gcburm
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel is perfect!! The location is great.....the staff is great.....there is nothing that is too much trouble! The rooms are a very good size, 2 queen beds and a table and 2 chairs, more than enough room. The beds were very comfortable! We had breakfast included in our rate and the buffet was excellent! A lot of different food, both Japanese and western were available. I wanted the tour to Mt. Fuji booked before we arrived, as we were only staying 2 days and I could not get a response from the company that I wanted to use so I emailed the concierge and they took care of everything for me and my envelope with all the tour details were waiting for me when I checked in!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank hatetofly4273
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at the Park Hyatt Tokyo for 2 nights on our trip to Japan. What a wonderful and comfortable way to start our vacation after a grueling flight. The staff is fantastic and their attention to detail is perfect. We had a spectacular view overlooking Yoyogi Park and on the 2nd night we were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of Mt. Fuji from both our room as well as various panoramic windows throughout this breathtaking hotel. We will definitely stay at the Park Hyatt Tokyo if we journey to Japan again!

Room Tip: If you have the Hyatt Chase Visa, you get free internet and an automatic room upgrade, as well as 2p...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mlarnold
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Park Hyatt Tokyo is really the best hotel in Tokyo or Japan. I stayed in Mandarin Oriental Tokyo, Four Seasons Marunouchi, Capital Hotel Tokyu and Hyatt Regency, but Park Hyatt Tokyo really impressed me a lot.
First, the staff and service were excellent. The check-in was smooth, and the guest like me felt so respected. I was also impressed when I checked out, every staff said goodbye to me. The staff understood the needs of guests and were able to efficiently deal with my requests. Very professional staff and customer services!!!
Second, the room was exceptional. The view was wonderful as I could view Fuji and Yoyoki Park. The room was spacious and the bathroom had a view with Fuji Mount. Everything was clean and neat. The room decor was modern and fashionable. A very relaxing and memorable experience!
Third, the facilities were unexpectedly sufficient. There were a swimming pool, a gorgeous gym and a library. Wifi was complimentary which made a big difference!
Finally, the restaurants and bars were appealing. I had dinner at New York Grill whose atmosphere was really relaxing and romantic. I also had breakfast at Girandole. The food and drink were amazingly tasty!

Room Tip: Pick a Park View room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Benpang
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I largely chose this hotel based on the reviews on here and am so glad I did. My partner and I spent 3 night in the Deluxe room (highly recommend the upgrade) and from the impeccable customer service, beautiful Aesop toiletries, convenient shuttle service, to the amazing views, everything was perfect.
I really can't recommend this hotel enough. We are looking forward to returning already :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AnthonySyd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Hilton Tokyo
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Palace Hotel Tokyo
Palace Hotel Tokyo
#1 of 74 in Chiyoda

Been to Park Hyatt Tokyo? Share your experiences!