“Excellent location, great night's sleep!”

ibis Tokyo Shinjuku
Ranked #16 of 83 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed at the Ibis Shinjuku from 11-15 Jan 2014.
The rooms are very small, but the beds are super comfortable. A neat, clean hotel in a fabulous location. It is a 3-5 min walk from Shinjuku station - west gate - this is a HUGE station so you must take the correct exit to get there easily. Downstairs is a McDonald's and a convenience store is next door. The staff are pleasant and very accommodating. They speak English.

Highly recommended for its location to a major Tokyo station. Super clean. We stayed as a family of 3 and it was pretty tight - but hey, this is Tokyo!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kara10002

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night going through to hakuba. I know tokyo is expensive and quality varies but this was average. The nice thing about ibis is the consistency; modern basic clean and good value. This one looks like they renovated the lobby and stopped. It's way overdue for a renovation. The rooms were really tired and worn. You can kind of understand that the rooms are tiny, but this just wasn't an ibis you'd expect

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank jon m
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I travel to Tokyo regularly and usually stay in a more high end business hotel but all hotels were mysteriously full up on my last visit. I chose the Ibis due to it's proximity to Shinjuku station, it was less than 5 minutes walk from the station and where the airport limousine bus drops you off. Like other hotels in the area they would not let me check in early (which is disappointing as I always arrive early morning and jet lagged!) But they stored my luggage for me whilst I tried to stay awake shopping around Shinjuku! Not really a criticism but it would've been an added bonus if they could've accommodated this! The room was smaller than I was used to and not adequate if you plan to do work in the room. I also couldn't unpack as the wardrobe was not deep enough for clothes!!!! I was only there for 2 nights so I didn't mind this compromise ( and after all this was a lot cheaper than my previous hotels). My window also backed onto some kind of night club, which was noisy when people were chatting outside.

Breakfast was fine, I usually only have a light breakfast,if you are after something more substantial you might not be as happy as me. I ate in the hotel both nights as I'm vegetarian and struggle to find food locally. It had a variety of western options which I appreciated. For the meat eaters, there is a McDonalds directly underneath the hotel.

When I return for a longer trip I will look elsewhere but for shorter trips this was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Hotel is very clean. All the staffs are very helpful and understanding.. Good location in Shinjuku: easy to go anywhere in Tokyo by subway or train, Safe at night too. Highly recommend for women travel solo.

Room Tip: I chose the room facing east and each morning when the sun rise, the sunshine revitalizes your energ...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Marcus D
ibis_T0ky0_Shinjuku, Guest Relations Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here with my family during 25 Dec - 3 Jan in room 310. The staff promised me that room upgrade will be offered because I am Accor AdvangePlus Platinum member. But when I checked in, the staff seems to ignore my request.

Room is small. Maids did not clean the room properly. They even dropped a noodle soup on the floor. Breakfast is so so. Menu includes 1) bacon or sausage 2) miso soup 3) rice 4) balogna 5) salad 6) sliced bread, croissant (very tasty), sweet bread 7) cereal and milk 8) juices. There is a free ice dispenser on the 3rd floor.

When we left the hotel at 5:00 AM, nobody helped us move the baggage from the lobby on the second floor to the first floor. We had to move them by escalator manually.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Piyabute F
ibis_T0ky0_Shinjuku, Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for posting your experiences of staying at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku during the festive season. I regret to hear that we could not deliver our best quality of services on your stay and that we did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies. However, we are thankful for your valuable comments on that in order to take this into consideration of our service implementation.

We hope that we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku in the future and we would be glad if you give us another chance to make a good experience of your stay and match your expectations.

Should you have any further discussions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at H8620-FO1@accor.com

Warm Regards,

Kie Sekimoto
Sales & Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Shinjuku Prince Hotel
#12 of 83 in Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo

Been to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku? Share your experiences!