“Quick, easy and convenient”

ibis Tokyo Shinjuku
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
singapore
“Quick, easy and convenient”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Ibis Tokyo Shinjuku is located conveniently near the JR Shinjuku station, the Tokyo Metro station as well as the Toei subway line. For those who would like to stay at this hotel, you may exit the JR Shinjuku station from the East Exit and walk down to the hotel. I think that exit is the closest for those taking the Narita Express. I did not take the underground exit D4 because it didn't have any escalator or elevator up to the ground level, and I most certainly did not want to lug my luggage up the stairs.
There's a Daily Yamazaki, Mcdonald's, Matsuya, Sukiya, Family Mart etc within a few minutes walk from the hotel. Not to mention that Lumine, Odakyu Dept Store, Uniqlo, Takashimaya, Kinokuniya etc are all within a few minutes walk away. The location alone is one of the reason that I chose this hotel.
I booked a non smoking single room. True, the room is small, but I think it's very tolerable as I'm out sightseeing most of the day. The bathroom is tiny, and to be honest, I don't think it can fit someone who is more than 175cm tall, because I'm only 160cm tall, and I can already touch the bathroom ceiling by just raising my arm, hence anybody taller than that would definitely have to lower his/her head in the bathroom. But that didn't affect my stay in the hotel.
In addition, free wifi was readily available, check in was no fuss, it is definitely one of the hotel I would choose to stay in when I visit Tokyo again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank luvtravellin82
ibis_T0ky0_Shinjuku, Guest Relations Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for choosing ibis Tokyo Shinjuku and we appreciate your honest and kind feedback to our hotel facilities, services and location.

I am delighted to hear that our free WiFi service made your stay comfortable and convenient. As for foreign travelers, WiFi is one of the necessary items in Japan and currently not many economy hotels in Japan provide free WiFi throughout the hotel property. We are very pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations with our best value and service at a reasonable price.

I very much appreciate your kind word that you would definitely like to come back to stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku and we look forward to welcoming you back not far in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Ibis Shinjuku is in a great location being only 3 minutes walk from Shinjuku station. The hotel is very clean and modern and the staff provide an exceptional level of customer service. Always very friendly and happy to help at any time. The room was comfortable and very clean. Overall, the hotel provides everything you need and more for a perfect stay in Tokyo City!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for posting a fantastic review and sharing your experience following your stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku.

It pleases me to read that you had an enjoyable time with us. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and I am very pleased to hear that these efforts are noticed. I will be sure to share your kind comments about the services with the team.

We do look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Tokyo in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance with a booking.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I originally booked a double room but on arrival we found it was tiny. I understand space is a premium in Tokyo but we couldn't even fit our 2 suitcases in! We got moved to a twin room which was quite a bit bigger (and oddly cheaper) but unfortunately it stunk of smoke. We didn't want to move again so we just made do and opened the window the inch it allowed at every available opportunity and it wasn't so bad. This was by far the most outdated ibis I have ever stayed in but with so much to see in Tokyo it's not like you spend much time in the room anyway so it's not really a problem.

On the positive side the location is great. There are plenty of shops around and a McDonald's on the ground floor for those less adventurous with foreign food :) Shinjuku itself is pretty spectacular at night once all the lights are on and we loved just wandering around.
Shinjuku train station is very close but it is also very big with many exits so we did find it hard to locate the hotel on the first night with 2 suitcases and very limited understanding of Japanese. It would be great if the website gave more useful directions on how to find it

Room Tip: Twin rooms are significantly larger than double rooms so unless you have minimal luggage choose the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jenna T
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. We appreciate a feedback of your stay and I sincerely apologise that you had to experience to stay in a smoky room which we could have suggested you a room change and assisted to move your luggage to a new room.

However, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our accessible location for sightseen. Our location is an ideal for both the business and leisure traveler, adjacent to the central transport hub of JR/Tokyo Metro station and local bus lines/airport limousine bus, within walking distance of many of Shinjuku’s iconic sights and shopping areas.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku in the near future.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The rooms are tiny and dated but the location and the price are very good. Shinjuku station (west exit) 5 to 10 minutes by foot.

For a longer stay, there is a coin operated laundry which really makes life so much easier.

Great, friendly and professional service, especially Ayano who does everything to make your life easier!

Will probably stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JTK595
ibis_T0ky0_Shinjuku, Guest Relations Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for choosing ibis Tokyo Shinjuku on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that our services exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I thank you for your positive comment on the customer service from Ayano at Front Desk who helped you in every way to make your stay comfortable and easy.

We do hope that we will have pleasure of welcoming you back at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku in the not too distant future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Room was small but well appointed and adequately furnished. The service is excellent. Staff at the reception as well as the small restaurant are very helpful, warm and hospitable. I felt so welcomed. Rooms are cleaned very quickly. I left "make up room' sign on the door before heading to breakfast and the room was cleaned by the time I finished breakfast. Good location just above a MacDonalds outlet and a convenience store next door. Very close to Shinjuku station. I very much enjoyed my stay at the hotel and am completely satisfied.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dbsclm
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind and warm comments on TripAdisor following your recent stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. It is always great pleasure to hear that you felt that you were welcomed during your stay and enjoyed our services and accessible location.

Again I thank you for your lovely words and your stay with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku on your future visit to Tokyo.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Shinjuku Prince Hotel
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
#12 of 82 in Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku
Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo

Been to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku? Share your experiences!