“Everything I expect from a Ibis hotel”

ibis Tokyo Shinjuku
Ranked #16 of 83 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed 25 August 2014

As a fresh gold member of Le Club Accorhotels, I think I have a pretty objective opinion on Ibis hotels (classic - red logo & styles - green logo) since they are the hotels I attend in every city of the world I visit. All the reviews concerning the Ibis hotels I have attended so far can be found on Tripadvisor.

It was my first visit to Japan. Naturally, I chose Ibis Shinjuku hotel in Tokyo. I stayed with my wife in room 620 from August 13, 2014 till August 21, 2014.

The conclusion is simple : this Ibis hotel meets all my expectations in terms of what I expect from a hotel of this brand. A comfortable, clean and quiet room facing the main avenue. The room offered all the amenities. Some people complain about the size of the room. Should I remember those travelers what the price of real estate is in Tokyo ? They will have a better understanding of why the size of the room is not that big. They should go to Paris, London or New York and they will notice that the rooms are not bigger for this type of hotel in those world cities. If they are not satisfied, they can choose Hilton, Intercontinental, etc. The rooms will be bigger but the price of the room will not be the same as in an Ibis.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, with both western and Asian food so that every customer is satisfied in his or her choices.

The location of the hotel is absolutely perfect.

And the staff was always friendly and ready to help.

Congratulations to the staff of this hotel which I warmly recommend if staying in Tokyo.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ibis_T0ky0_Shinjuku, Guest Relations Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share a wonderful experience of your stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku with other TripAdvisor users. It always gives us great pleasure to read such a positive review which I shall share with my team and we sincerely appreciate your kind consideration about the size of room in Central Tokyo.

As an economy hotel in Tokyo, we endeavor to offer the best service at the best value to all the guests and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our best offer during your stay and that we could meet all of your expectations with the ibis brand standard.

Once again thank you for your outstanding comment and we do hope that we will have pleasure of welcoming you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly if we can be any of your assistance of the future reservation.

There are newer reviews for ibis Tokyo Shinjuku

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel located not very far from the transportation center ( Train, Bus) and shopping area. The single room is very very tiny but worth for the price. This hotel does not provide complementary drinking water but there are ice machine maker available at some floors. High quality amenities.

Room Tip: For solo traveler, single room is enough.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

It wasn't great but good. The room was cleaned & the staff was nice. They even gave me a map & helped with directions. A few blocks from the transportation station. Overall, good for the $$. I ended up walking around & getting lost, but found cool areas.

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank DashtheMap
ibis_T0ky0_Shinjuku, Guest Relations Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. I am pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you liked the cleanness of the room and our services.
We appreciate your kind comments and hope that we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku on your next visit to Tokyo.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Decent hotel, very small rooms but for the price, peace and cleanliness it's well worth it.
Also very close to Shinjuku with a 24hr front desk meant I could easily get the bus from the airport here even though it was after midnight once my plane had landed and I'd made it through immigration.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
ibis_T0ky0_Shinjuku, Guest Relations Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for a lovely review of your recenty stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku.
I am delighted to read you found the hotel comfortable, the rooms clean at the best value. I will pass on your compliments to the team as I am sure this feedback will serve as encouragement to all staff.

Thank you for your kind comments and we look foward to welcoming you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank mkn56
ibis_T0ky0_Shinjuku, Guest Relations Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Good location, very easy to get food. But old bed , too soft until back bond pain. Very clean hotel and nice breakfast. The rice really delicious. 1 girl staff serve really bad and serve disrespectful. But 1 of the man staff very very good and helpful

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. I was sorry to learn that your stay on this occasion was not pleasant and didn’t meet your expectations and I apologise for any discomfort or inconvenience caused.

Regarding the quality of bed, I am very surprised and disappointed to hear that you didn’t have a comfortable sleep during your stay and actually we have always received fantastic comments on the quality of mattress that was only developed for ibis brand, and the new mattresses were introduced to all the bed rooms in 2012.

I was also disappointed to read that our customer service didn’t reach your expectation. I would really appreciate if you could contact me on the email at H8620-RE1@accor.com and provide more details of your stay so I can investigate this further and take any appropriate action accordingly.

Your feedback is very important for us to improve our service level and I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The room was very small but we expected that going to Tokyo. We only stayed here one night though so it was fine. Besides the size the hotel was fine. The staff were nice and the room was situated in a nice location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your kind understanding of the room size in central Tokyo.
I am also delighted to hear that you liked the services and location of the hotel to assist your stay comfortable and memorable.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Shinjuku Prince Hotel
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
#12 of 83 in Shinjuku
Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo
Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku

Been to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku? Share your experiences!