“Wonderful Introduction to Tokyo”

Tokyo Bike Tour - Day tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Small Group Cycling Tour in Tokyo
Reviewed 22 April 2017

I arrived in Tokyo on Sunday evening and went straight to bed because I knew I had booked this tour for Monday. The booking process was very easy and Akio answered all my questions quickly.

Touring such a busy city as Tokyo on bike seems crazy, yet after you read this review I am confident you will want to book this tour when in Tokyo. If you can stay at the Keio Plaza Hotel, the starting point of this tour is a 5 minute walk.

I showed up at 8:50am and several other "Gajin" (foreign person) were there at the meeting location on the street. Akio had chosen bicycles for each of us based on our height information he had from the reservation.

The tour does a large loop and is 15 miles total through rolling hills of Tokyo so very manageable. Rarely did we get a on busy street and instead traversed most of our tour on sidewalks which is permissible in Tokyo.

We biked through lovely residential districts to get to the Shinto Meiji Shrine and experienced a wedding party in traditional dress coming out of the temple.

We also visited a traditional Japanese cemetery with family plots for urns with ashes for both Shinto and Buddhist traditions. The cemetery was immaculately groomed and was the resting place of Hachiko, a faithful and famous Japanes Akita who met his master at the train station each day even after his master had passed away.

We biked by the Rippongi area which is great shopping and had lunch in Shiodome area finished up at the Imperial Palace and then went back to our meeting place. Akio was a great tour guide and patient with many Gaijin on their first experience of Tokyo.

This is a great way to avoid jet lag too as you get up, exercise and see Tokyo in a much more intimate way that will leave you wanting more.

I highly recommend this company for the tour as they provide an excellent experience.

3  Thank BStreetTraveler
in 19 reviews
"pace"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

We were a party of 6 on a private tour. Akio was patient and we visited several tourist sites including the Meiji Shrine where we witnessed several wedding ceremonies. We also had a long lunch at Roppongi Hills. By chance we ran across a bike race en route which was fun. The ride was a good 24km which I think could be shortened and with more breaks in between to explain more about the culture and sights that we came across. At the end although we all enjoyed ourselves it felt more like we went for a bike ride than a bike tour. Thanks Akio !

2  Thank EYCLee
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Just the four of us, we had a great day and saw alot of Tokyo!
The host was a great guide, funny and entertaining!
I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting, especially this company!
Thanks again for a great day!

4  Thank James C
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Akio was a fantastic guide and managed to keep a bunch of less than 30 year olds entertained without killing us. We saw heaps of Tokyo. Great job

3  Thank Brendan M
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

My wife, two teenaged sons & I thoroughly enjoyed our six hour bicycle tour hosted by husband & wife team, Akio & Mika.
We cycled around back streets & visited parts of Tokyo that we wouldn't have otherwise seen in our first four day leg of our visit to Japan.
The cycling is very easy & almost unbelievably is downhill pretty much all the way! There is one hill on the way back, but it is no big deal.
The bikes were in good condition & Mika gave some great insights into the cultural relevance of the sites we visited. I would recommend this tour.

4  Thank Hugh C