Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku
Trip.com
US$305
US$293
  • Pool
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo(Shinjuku)
US$438
US$151
US$142
Priceline
1,099 results
All reviewssubway stationfukutoshin lineroyal host restaurantvending machines on each floortully's coffeekorea townwalking distancerooms are smallminute walkhotel is locatedstayed here for nightsjr passdouble bedlaundry roomnarita airportbreakfast buffetshinjuku area
Reviewed 15 September 2011

The Hotel was very nice, the staff helpful and the rooms ok . The location is simply amazing.. Atm there are unfortunately some construction done, which however is only a transitory nuisance. The breakfast buffet though was rich in choice, but a bit poor in quality , the eggs are good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2011

~24 hours after leaving my NYC home, I finally made it to Hotel Sunroute. I had never been to Japan before, so getting to the hotel from the airport was an experience by itself. I managed to arrive at the subway station near the hotel. Unfortunately, I could not find the hotel, as I could not identify building numbers because they were all written in Japanese. After circling back, I found myself at a major intersection adjacent to the hotel.
The hotel can be easily identified from the street, so study photos of the building the day and at night.

The hotel staff was very nice and efficient. I checked in without any issue and made it to my room. The size of the room is the perfect intro to Japan. It was very small, but cozy. It definitely made me feel like I was in Japan. It can accommodate two people comfortably if they're not planning to spend much time in the room.

My room was quite, clean and had modern amenities. The bathroom is quite small, but sufficient. Note, for Americans with corded electric razors, Japanese voltage does not provide enough power to the razor. The plugs are the same, but the voltage is different.

The hotel is a 2 min. walk to the Tokyo metro station. There are also a few restaurants, including a McDonalds. Overall, this was a very nice hotel, and a great way to kick off my 10 day journey to Japan. I would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank mclassic
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Fantastic price, clean modern rooms, friendly staff, comfortable bed, whisper quiet at night, free internet, vending machines on site, smack dab next to a Metro stop.

Regarding its location, 1.) there's not TOO much right near it. A 5 minute walk south on Dori Meiji will give you lots more options. 2.) yes, it's next to a Metro stop, but to get to Shinjuku Station, you have to switch trains even though it's only 4 stops. I found the easy 15-20 minute walk to the Shinjuku station much easier and much more rewarding.

Be aware, the rooms are SMALL. Efficient, but small. But if you're just sleeping, you'll be fine. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Damon_nomaD
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The centre of Tokyo is full of expensive hotels. I wanted the epitome of city hotels - central, cheap, and good quality.

Amazingly, the Sunroute Higashi fitted my criteria almost perfectly. Shinjuku is one of the main and livliest areas in Tokyo, and this hotel is only a 15 minute walk through the neon lit streets from Shinjuku JR station. That would usually be considered a tad too far to walk, but the walk is exciting and there are so many shops and food outlets on the way - we were more than happy. In addition to the proximity with the major Shinjuku JR hub, there is a regular metro station located almost underneath the hotel, the entrance being almost next to the hotel. Overall, location is great.

The hotel itself is modern, but very standard for Tokyo. Rooms are very small, advertised as 'semi double', but this is the same as elsewhere. We were not overly fussed by the size, it was slightly awkward but we weren't there to stay in the rooms. Apart from the size, the rooms were more than pleasant. Internet was free, but oddly there was no Wifi - connection is via an ethernet cable instead.

The price for this hotel was fantastic. Easily half the price of similar hotels which are a few blocks from the centre of Shinjuku, and (from what I saw) this one appears to be much better quality too.

Overall, you cannot go wrong with this hotel. Highly recommended for short stay in Tokyo.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DG55
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Today I returned for a wonderful trip to Tokyo, Japan. After checking previous reviews of other travellers, I decided to book this hotel. When I arrived on July 20 very late (around 11:00 pm) the first greeting received by one of the Staff was that he called me by my name. He was very efficient with the check in process.

My room was very confortable with a double bed, a desk with chair , a small refrigerator and a plasma TV . The bathroom was super clean with big bottles of shampoo, conditioner and bath lotion (if you decided to select this hotel, you dont have to bring those items). In the Lobby they have tooth brush, hair brush, sponges, etc. free of charge). I booked a single room, and they gave me Room 920, which is small but with enough space for the luggage and very clean. This hotel has only one Restaurant, The Royal Host, that is like a Dennys with japanese and american food. Although the breakfast was not included in the room rate (less than $90/day), a ticket is sold in the Lobby Counter for 1,000 Yen (approximately $12.00) for the breakfast buffet, which is reasonable considering that Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities of the world. The word that describe the personnel Staff is Excellence. Really, I stayed in this hotel for 9 nights, and every day, the Staff was very helpful in their adivices and orientation, specially S. Chun, Kobayashi, IInno and the others. They explained with patience how to use the different lines of the Subway including the JR Line. This hotel has a great location, just besides the Higashi Shinyuqu Subway Station, so I can travel around Tokyo using the trains, whcih is cheaper and faster that the taxi. (The taxis are very expensive in Tokyo, beginning on 710 yen, which is more than $7.00). I went to Odayba (the most architectural and technology advanced zone in Tokyo), to Ginza (shopping area), Shimbachi, Shibuya, Ikekuburo, Shinbuya, Roppongi, Shinyuqu, etc. all by my own, thanks to the orientation that the personnel Staff gave me. I was really impressed by the excellent service that I received from this hotel, and I recommend to anyone who want to stay in a very clean hotel with excellent service for less than $90 a day.

Very near the hotel is the Shinyuqu Station to take the Airport Limousine Bus for your transfer from and to the Airport, either Narita or Haneda Airports. It only costs 1,200 yen and a taxi to Haneda Airport costs more than $100 and to Narita Airport it costs more.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep without any noise, request a room with a view to the rear part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo