This is truly a find for travellers who need value for money in Tokyo. At first we were a bit worried about the location: the fastest and cheapest way to get here from Narita (1060yen) is to take the Keisei line - but you need to change trains at Aoto, then Oshiage to get to Kuramae station. It's not as bad as it sounds, and you only need to cross the platform to take connecting trains. Just check that the train is the correct one, not express or branching off. The train carriages have the stations on a screen, or the platforms have a subway map. When you get to Kuramae, you take exit 2 to street level, go right to the end of the street, then right again on Kasuga Dori across the bridge. Cross over to the left hand side of Kausuga Dori and Weekly Mansions is 2 blocks down with a highly visible sign indicating entry. Staff is of course, efficient and polite.
We get to the room, and despite the small rooms which is to be expected: you need to provide nothing as everything is provided for your stay. Towels, dressing gowns, slippers & toiletries including liquid soap, liquid shampoo, toothbrushes/ paste, hairdryer, induction cooktop, pots/ dishes/ cutlery/ cookware and even a little rice-cooker. There is a lan cable for free internet, heating in both bedroom and main room, a good sized refrigerator (we are in a twin/ triple room).
You can get a good area map downstairs in the lobby - which we used to find a 24hr supermarket 20 minutes walk away, as well as precise locations of food places and train stations. It is now our third day here, and we borrowed the portable washing machine available for free, just to see what it was. It's like an electric salad spinner that you fill up with a few clothes, soap and water, and it agitates away. Japanese ingenuity!
There's a lot more that Weekly Mansions provide, but this is just to give you a good idea. Please contact me if you want to know more - it is only our third day here, and we are so impressed!
ps the reason I gave sleep quality a little less, is because of the wheat pillows which I personally find a little hard. But this is purely subjective: otherwise there was plenty of clean bedding/ duvets/ blankets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an amazing view of the Tokyo Skytree® just outside your window. Our hotel is in an excellent location, with the best of Tokyo's traditional downtown districts, Asakusa and Ryogoku. Stay in one of our special Deluxe View rooms for the perfect experience. All rooms are equipped with kitchenettes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MYSTAYS HOTEL MANAGEMENT Co., Ltd., Booking.com, Rakuten, JAPANiCAN, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel MyStays Asakusa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weekly Mansion Asakusa Hotel Sumida
- Hotel MyStays Asakusa Tokyo, Japan