Before I arrived, I expected some difficulties in moving in this hotel with luggage. In fact, it was easier than thought. Japanese footpaths contain slopes which make towing luggage on a long walk an easy job. We can tow our luggage from Kuramae subway station all the way to the hotel without needs to lift it up. A walk across Sumida river is nice with Tokyo Skytree view that we feel obliged to take a photo when we crossed for the first time.
The premise has complete amenities including microwave in your room, which we used to heat-up frozen ramen/ packed meal set bought at convenience stores nearby for tomorrow breakfast. Laundry room consists of both washing machine and drying machine (with hot air). Bathroom facility is a bit old but is clean and in good condition. Other furniture looks new and clean. Our triple room has one small bedroom and living/dining area in another room. The bedroom is already full with three beds so it feel cramped if you have some luggage. As for internet, it has free LAN cable in the room, which we used with pocket access point to get WiFi connection for our moblie phones.
Overall, it's a very good accommodation given what we pay for, better than expected and complete our requirements for the trip.
Note: if you come from Kuramae/Oedo line with luggage, use exit A5 with elevator instead of exit A7
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an amazing view of the Tokyo Skytree® just outside your window. Our hotel is in an excellent location, with the best of Tokyo's traditional downtown districts, Asakusa and Ryogoku. Stay in one of our special Deluxe View rooms for the perfect experience. All rooms are equipped with kitchenettes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MYSTAYS HOTEL MANAGEMENT Co., Ltd., Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Priceline, JAPANiCAN, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel MyStays Asakusa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weekly Mansion Asakusa Hotel Sumida
- Hotel MyStays Asakusa Tokyo, Japan