US$210
US$143
Moxy Hotels
  • Restaurant
Ryogoku View Hotel(Sumida)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$456
US$110
JAPANiCAN.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Famy Inn Kinshicho(Sumida)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$77
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewskuramae stationsensoji templeacross the bridgeoedo linebudget hotelminute walkupon requesttokyo skytreeweekly mansionwalking distancean indian restaurantsmall double bedfree wifielectric kettlechange towelswashing machineramen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is the fourth time I've stayed at this hotel in the last few years. It suits my needs very well. I can walk to Ueno Park, Akihabra, and along the Sumida river to the Sumo stadium and Tokyo-Edo museum. There are temples nearby and other features other reviewers have mentioned.
This hotel can lend you a bicycle for only a few dollars a day.
I had a view to the Sky Tower from my room.
Lots of good value places to dine nearby and the Indian restaurant is very good.
If you are not used to Japanese hotels the room will seem small at first but the bed is comfortable and big enough. The AC worked well and the bathroom was fine.
The hotel and rooms are always spotless, the staff always very friendly and quite reasonable pricing.
I am next in Tokyo in September and I think I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Sky Tower.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
wm-asakusa, FRONT STUFF at Hotel MyStays Asakusa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for several staying at HOTEL MYSTAYS ASAKUSA.
We are greatly appreciated with your feedback and evaluation.

We are located in good area for sightseeing such as Asakusa, Tokyoskytree area.
The rental bicycle service may help guests go around easier.

We will work hard to provide great customer service.
All of staff members are looking forward to see you again.
Your stay is more than welcome!!
Thank you so much.

Reception

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a great price. The only thing cheaper in Tokyo would be a crummy hostel. What is great is you don't need a credit card to reserve a room--I paid in cash when I checked in. Most of the hotel staff spoke decent English and helped me out when I needed some directions. The rooms and bed was small, but that was expected. I would have given a higher score for cleanliness, but there was a bloodstain on the blanket. There is also no cleaning service, but they tell you that on their website. They charge little fees for amenities like extra towels/toilet paper/change of sheets...so I just made due with 2 towels for a week. If you leave your room messy, they charge 5,000 yen. Because of that, I ended up hauling all my trash down to the dumpster on the last day of my stay bc that rule seemed vague. No big deal, though. Unfortunately, the only room available to me was a smoking room. It was pretty stale in there, but it was alright with the air conditioner on. It's about a 5 minute walk to Kuramae Station and 15 minutes to Senso-ji and the Water Bus. Overall, I'm satisfied with my experience. I plan on staying there again in a few months.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank RebelRonin
wm-asakusa, フロントスタッフ at Hotel MyStays Asakusa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for staying at HOTEL MYSTAYS ASAKUSA.
We are sincerely appreciated your comment and evaluation.

We're terribly sorry for the stain on the blanket. We'll be careful of that in future.
As you mentionned, there is no room cleaning service and we provide new towels at the front desk. It depends on the kind of contracts whether we charge an extra fee, as for taking new towels. As for the detail, please check on our website.
Did you enjoy sightseeing? We are located in the area of Tokyo Sky Tree, Asakusa Sensoji, and Sumo/Edo Museum. Eapecially in this season, it is popular to rental a bicycle to go arround. Also, there is a grocery market store within 5 minitues walk, and free reantal cooking tools are available so that many customer will be able to enjoy cooking in their room.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to share the details from your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to HOTEL MYSTAYS ASAKUSA.

Best Regards,

HOTEL MSYATSY ASAKUSA
Reception

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The hotel is very close to the Kuramae Station, which is a very big factor for me in choosing this place. It is also very close to Sensoji Temple and the shopping district, I easily walked there every night. The room I stayed in is very nice and clean and the internet is very fast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kultorn S
wm-asakusa, フロントスタッフ at Hotel MyStays Asakusa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you very much for staying at HOTEL MYSTAYS ASAKUSA.

We are sincerely appreciated by reading your feedback.
Hopefully, you could spend pleasant time during stay.
As you mentioned, our closest train station is Oedo Line, Kuramae station.
It takes about 5 minutes from Exit A7.
If you take Exit A5, there is an elevator near wickets for people who have carrying items.

If you have a chance to come back to Tokyo in the future, hopefully you will choose us as your accommodation again.
We are looking forward to see you again in near future.

HOTEL MYSTAYS ASAKUSA
Reception Clerk

Reviewed 23 March 2014

15 mins walk from asakusa station- our favourite part of Tokyo, rooms were cleann ensuite and kitchennette as well, all you could ask for and more for 3000 yen each a night can't go wrong! Small room but luggage can be put under the bed and there is a small balcony loved our stay here. Can ask for new sheets and towels downstairs staff were very friendly and helpful. Can go directly to closeby station kuramae from haneda airport. If you are used to small rooms in big cities you will know this place is great value!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for staying at HOTEL MYSTAYS ASAKUSA.

We are sincerely appreciated your comment and evaluation.
There is no cleaning service so anyone come in your room among your stay. That is because we hope that the customer can relax as staying home.
It is available to change the towels and linens in operation time (8am – 10pm), so please feel free to come by the Reception to have new and clean linens.

We have a variety of plan for cutomers, and one of them is skytree view plan.
You can see the Tokyo Skytree from the room, and this plan is getting very popular. If you have a plan to come to Asakusa, please visit our hotel again.
We look forward to welcoming you back to HOTEL MYSTAYS ASAKUSA.

Best Regards,

HOTEL MYSTAYS ASAKUSA
Reception Clerk

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This place is great value for money. The rooms are about the size of university dorm rooms, but for $55 US per night, I can't complain. The bed was extremely comfortable. The staff are really friendly. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the Kuramae subway station, and from there all of Tokyo's main attractions are no longer than 10 to 30 minutes away by the subway/rail system. Even the local Asakusa neighbourhood is about a 10 minute walk from Kuramae station. The neighbourhood surrounding the hotel is just far enough away from the tourist attractions that I felt like I was the only tourist in that neighbourhood. It was neat to go to the local grocery store and feel as if I live in Japan. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I should also mention that there are is a laundry room in the basement with coin operated machines and coin operated vending machines that sell laundry soap and softener. Also, the hotel does not offer room service, which is ok with me, but they will provide clean linens if you would like your linens washed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
wm-asakusa, Reception Clerk at Hotel MyStays Asakusa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations and impressions of our property and the accommodations.

For global travelers, it is an honor to have you reveal that your experiences are " I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone." The room is complete with all the basic necessities like -cooker, oven, fridge, TV, etc. Very clean as well. :) "Hearing comments and feedback from guest such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of Hotel MyStays Asakusa. Also, it will be a result of our staff truly takes pride in providing service that is beyond expectation.

Our rental bicycle may help you go around such as Asakusa, Ryogoku, and TokyoSkytree Area. We are glad to hear that you felt living in Japan. Our reception clerk will assist to how to get to destination, information around property and share popular sightseeing spots.
We are always welcoming guests to provide information.

All we will continue to work hard to provide great customer service.
When you have an opportunity to come back to Tokyo, all of staff members are looking forward to see you again. Your stay is more than welcome!!
Thank you very much.