Comfortable hotel in bustling Ikebukuro, very close to train and multiple subway lines (5 mins easy level walk), shops, restaurants, electronic and department stores including Sunshine City. Our triple room was small as expected with beds in a row as per website pic but we had little luggage so manageable and included a desk and chair. Comfy beds but typically rather too hard pillows. Room looked over internal courtyard and very quiet. Internet in room with LAN cable connection or free wifi in lobby. Very good shower. Usual all gadget loo. Room amenities included fridge, electric jug, teas, toiletries, waffle-weave robe and slippers, hangers with trouser clips-useful for hanging small hand washed items over the shower. Staff were friendly and helpful and spoke a little English. Check in/out very efficient. Happy to hold bags for you on early arival or after checkout til later in the day.
Room rates include breakfast with a mix of English (juices, flakey cereals, mini saveloy sausages, very runny scrambled egg, cold hard boiled eggs, hot chips, tinned fruit, yoghurt, toast and spreads, croissants, tea, coffee) and Japanese (curries, rice, miso, chickpeas, lots of condiments and toppings, salads, pasta etc). Breakfast is served in the restaurant/bar with Italian wine cellar decor-very effective. We planned but never quite made it to their buffet lunch or the bar in the evening. Highly recommended as good hotel and its location makes it easy to get everywhere and with all to hand no need to traipse around Shibuya etc for shopping. Area does get packed with teens/20's in evening and weekends. Our only thumbs down the air con was too hot and stuffy and though tried to set it much lower it seemed to automatically turn off in the middle of the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of this exciting city, just three minutes walk from the JR Ikebukuro and subway stations providing easy access to Shinjuku, Shinjuku and Tokyo Dome. This newly opened hotel is right in the centre of the entertainment, nightlife, shopping, business and restaurant precinct, but also just minutes to Sunshine City including aquarium and observatory deck, Namja Town, Ancient Orient Museum and Japan Traditional Crafts Centre. Ideal hotel for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, JAPANiCAN, Hotels.com, Rakuten, Fastbooking, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The B Ikebukuro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The b Ikebukuro Hotel Toshima
- The B Ikebukuro Tokyo, Japan