Stayed in this hotel for 9D8N during my trip to tokyo on the 22nd May-30th May 2013. Travelled with a family of 5 with one kid (8 yrs old), was an easy accessible area to stay in as food and family marts are just round the corner. Clean and pleasant room (just nice for 2- superior twin room). About 5 mins walk from Ikebukuro station (East exit- you will see Bic camera store on the left upon exiting the station, and you will see the hotel sign further up). Wonderful location to stay in as Ikebukuro station is the interchange of most train lines. If you are coming from Narita Airport, do take the Kenseii Skyliner to Nippori station, and changed to JR Yamonote line to Ikebukuro station. It only took less than an hour to reach your destination! Breakfast was included during my stay, and the spread was pretty reasonable. Daily spread is about the same, but their pasta flavors change daily- as their specialty is pizza and pasta. If you are planning for day trips with sunrise tours, the nearest pick up hotel is sunshine city prince hotel. It takes about 10-15 mins walk away from this hotel- ask reception for direction should you need help.
The only downside about my stay was Wifi is only available at the lobby area. But there is complimentary internet if you use your laptop to connect to the cable provided in the room. Also, one of our rooms the air con is not working well, and lucky the weather was not that humid during our stay. Mine was working perfectly ok. Otherwise, it was a pleasant experience during our stay. And will definitely recommend to friends and family who goes to tokyo for vacation.
Tips: If you have an Apple Iphone/ Ipad, download this app call 'trains.jp' is the best app ever if you want to travel around tokyo in subways/ JR (yet to try if it works for other parts of japan). Apparently, is not available for android as i tried searching on play store.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of this exciting city, just three minutes walk from the JR Ikebukuro and subway stations providing easy access to Shinjuku, Shinjuku and Tokyo Dome. This newly opened hotel is right in the centre of the entertainment, nightlife, shopping, business and restaurant precinct, but also just minutes to Sunshine City including aquarium and observatory deck, Namja Town, Ancient Orient Museum and Japan Traditional Crafts Centre. Ideal hotel for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, JAPANiCAN, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Rakuten, Priceline, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The B Ikebukuro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The b Ikebukuro Hotel Toshima
- The B Ikebukuro Tokyo, Japan