My wife chose this place because we were arriving in Tokyo around 5am and we wanted to check in that early and get rest. This was one of the few places she found that had such an early check-in policy. Since we were only staying one night in Tokyo, it didn't matter much to me where we stayed. Size-wise, this place will be a shock for Americans with no experience traveling in Japan. I've visited Japan many times, but I guess I forgot how small rooms can be, particularly in Tokyo.
There was a queen, or double-size mattress that we could both fit on, and a narrow counter holding a small TV, and just enough room on the floor next to the bed to place our luggage. There was also a bathroom. But we had to hop over our luggage to get in or out of the room, and I am so tall it was difficult to close the bathroom door when sitting on the john. Additionally, when you arrive, the check-in counter is below street level and the elevator to go down to it is only accessible from the restaurant entrance at the rear.
These are mostly minor quibbles though. The most important fact is that it appeared clean, I did not see any pests, there was hot water in the shower, the mattress was comfortable enough, and it was not noisy. It ran us about $140 for one night, which I thought was a little bit expensive compared to other hotels we've stayed at in the US that had more space and luxuriant amenities, but this is Tokyo, so prices are different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Wing International Ikebukuro.Hotel Wing International Ikebukuro is situated in the entertainment district of Ikebukuro, Tokyo.It is close to Nekobukuro, Yasukuni Shrine, and Namco Namja Town.Also nearby are Sunshine International Aquarium and Tokyo Metropolitan Art Space.Guests are within walking distance to JR Ikebukuro station. Sunshine City is only a 3 minutes walk away.Hotel Wing International Ikebukuro offers great comfort and functionality with its 85 guestrooms.All rooms have modern amenities and has reasonable price for your accommodation in Tokyo.If you are dining in Ikebukuro, Soba dining FUKUROU serves Japanese traditional noodle Soba and modern Japanese cuisine for dinner, accompanied by Japanese Sake.Japanese and Western-style breakfasts are also available at this restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KNT-CT Holdings Co.,Ltd.(YOKOSO Japan), Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, JAPANiCAN, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Wing International Ikebukuro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wing International Ikebukuro Toshima
- Wing International Ikebukuro Hotel
- Hotel Wing International Ikebukuro Tokyo, Japan